Bullet Wounds

Melanie ran into the school, not having to head to her locker and instead heading towards Gwens

Melanie ran into the school, not having to head to her locker and instead heading towards Gwens. She stood beside the girl, giving her a big smile that Gwen just rolled her eyes at, holding back a smile as she closed her locker. "You don't have to follow me around everywhere."

Gwen started walking down the hall and Melanie sped up to walk with her, linking their arms. "I'm just trying to keep you safe. We're sticking together." Gwen scoffed out a laugh, turning to her with raised brows. "So what? You're gonna sit through all my classes?"

Melanie pursed her lips, shrugging. "We have most of them together." She reasoned and Gwen turned to her, a small smirk on her face. "And what about after school? What about all night?" Melanie instantly smiled as Gwen stopped walking. Melanie unlinked her arm with Gwens, grabbing the girls hands in her own happily. "We can have a sleepover?"

Gwen shook her head at the girl, making Melanie playfully frown. Gwen slowly had her eyes leave Melanie and travel to her right, making Melanie turn as well. The Yukimura girl's eyes went wide at the two of them standing in front of the restrooms and she slowly turned back to Gwen with an awkward smile. "You know what? How about you meet me in the library when you're done?"

Gwen rolled her eyes, not answering the girls question and walking into the restroom. Melanie sighed in embarrassment, turning on her heels and walking towards the library. As she walked in, her eyes fell on Mason and Liam in a far table in the back and she instantly smiled, walking towards them.

"What's a k-index?" Melanie heard Liam ask as she got to the table. Melanie smiled, taking the seat beside him as she took off her backpack. "It's a scale that meteorologists use to measure thunderstorm activity."

Liam smiled at his girlfriends entrance, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her towards him to kiss her cheek. "Hey..." He cheered before grabbing one of the legs of her chair, pulling her closer to his chair. "English please?"

Melanie laughed slightly, opening her backpack to search for one of the many books she had about lightning and Ghost Riders. "So, a k-index value less than 20 means no activity, and above 35 is severe."

"How bad is severe?" Liam asked and Mason sighed, tilting his head. "Well, the average storm has about 1,000 lightning strikes. In the past three months, the average storm in beacon hills had 5,000."

"What's it reading now?" Melanie asked as she found the book in her bag, setting it on the table and sliding it towards Liam. Mason pursed his lips, squinting at the computer in front of him before turning it around to show the couple. "Uh, 14. We're clear."

Melanie and Liam nodded, Liam squinting slightly at the computer. "Okay, so if a spike in the k-index means more lightning, then we can tell if they're coming." Liam said, almost making it sound like a question and Melanie nodded. "Yeah."

Mason let a relieved smile grow on his face, nodding. "This is good." He said when the computer started beeping, making the three freeze. Melanie watched as the number on the screen got higher and higher and she slowly turned to Mason, leaning across the table to whack him. "Way to jinx it!" She grumbled and Mason just looked at her with wide eyes.