Old Friends

After a five hour flight, Melanie sleeping on Theo's shoulder almost the whole time, the two made it to Beacon Hills

After a five hour flight, Melanie sleeping on Theo's shoulder almost the whole time, the two made it to Beacon Hills. Melanie had called Melissa before their flight, telling her she and Theo wanted to come back and visit and Melissa instantly opened her doors to two, offering Melanie her old room and offering Theo Scott's.

Melissa was bummed she had work their first night back, but insisted that tomorrow night, they could do a dinner to catch up.

Melanie was walking out of her room after she had unpacked, heading to the kitchen for some water, but stopped when she heard a voice coming from where she was heading.

"Does your, uh, mom know that you're here?" Melanie heard as she walked down the stairs. She got hit with deja vu at the sound of Chris Argents voice. She hadn't seen or heard him in around eleven years.

"Does she know that you're here?" Scott shot back at the man. Melanie's feet quickened in pace, wanting to see Scott since she hadn't seen him since him and Melissa came up to Maryland to celebrate Christmas with Melanie and Liam.

"No. And I kind of want to keep it that way." Chris said once Melanie got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah, me too." Scott agreed just as Melanie turned to corner into the kitchen, seeing the two men and Lydia standing around the coffee table. Melanie sighed, shaking her head as she went to stand at the edge of the table in between the two men. "So I'm the only one that wants to spend time with Melissa this trip?"

Scott smiled at Melanie, throwing an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into his side. Melanie returned the hug, giving smiles to Lydia and Chris.

Chris pointed at the table where a handful of dirt laid on top of a tablecloth. "Lydia, we've got the earth where she died, the weapon that took her life. According to you, that's steps one and two. What is next?"

Melanie stared at the pile of dirt as she remembered the night Allison died. She thought back to just earlier in the morning when she had to fill Theo in on the plan as well as who Allison was.

Lydia pursed her lips at Chris, pulling a stack of scribbled up papers out of her bag. "I was, uh, hoping you could help me figure that out. I mean, to be honest, I'm a little out of practice with all of this."

Lydia spread the papers out across the table, letting everyone have a drawing to look at. Melanie looked up from the paper she was holding, her brows furrowed at Lydia. "You still scream like a banshee, right?"

"Not quite like I used to. It's just like a muscle. You stop using it, and it atrophies." Lydia said, hesitating at some words. Melanie figured it may have been a sore subject and stopped pressing about it.

"Why did you stop using your power?" Chris asked, obviously not catching onto the same hints Melanie picked up.

"Stiles. Obviously it has something to do with Stiles." A voice answered from behind Melanie. She turned around and watched as Jackson squeezed passed her, heading straight for the fridge.