Oh Mercury

"I've talked to my dad

"I've talked to my dad." Melanie abruptly said as she and Liam walked into the school. Liam instantly smiled, grabbing her hand as he looked down at her. "Really? What happened?"

Melanie turned to the ground, a faint smile on her lips, glad she could talk to her father. "He says moms gone off to train Kira. He said he was going to try and come visit this weekend since he already got his job at Columbia back. He tried to convince me to go back with him but... I cant leave Beacon Hills. Not with everything going on."

Liam frowned slightly at her words before squeezing her hand and have a small smile pass his lips. "But he's coming to visit. That's good."

Melanie then had a huge giddy smile on her face, nodding her head as she finally turned away from the ground and up to Liam, squeezing his hand. "Yeah. Yeah, it is."

"I see my new favorite couple!" A voice screamed from behind Liam and Melanie. The two turned around and smiled at Mason running towards them. "Don't tell Belle I said that. She and Hayden are a close second."

Liam spun Melanie around playfully, making her laugh as Mason walked up to them. Melanie smiled at Mason, raising her brows slightly as she wrapped a playful arm around his shoulder so he could walk with them. "Well, hello there, Mason." Melanie cheered.

"So we're just going to ignore my freakout? Okay. Hello there to you too, Mel." Mason said, putting his arm around her shoulder just like she had done. he looked around before his eyes fell on Mel and Liam's conjoined hands, making him gasp.

"Oh my God! You're holding hands!!"

...

"I'll see you second period for History, okay?" Belle said as she and Hayden stood in the walkways in between the buses. Hayden laughed slightly, sheepishly turning to the ground before looking back up at Belle. "I have Math after that."

Belle smiled, shrugging. "So, I'll find you at the bell." Hayden smiled, leaning in and pressing a quick peck to Belle's lips before she pulled away with a small frown, looking at Belle worriedly. "They only come out after dark though, right? You don't have to check on me every period."

Belle shook her head, moving her hand to the back of Hayden's neck. "I want to." Hayden blushed at her words, nodding. "Okay."

Belle sighed, rubbing the back of Hayden's neck as she looked at the worried girl. "You're gonna be okay." Hayden nodded as Belle pulled her into one more quick kiss. The two girls eyes furrowed, sliver smudged on the edge of Belle's lips as silver dripped from Hayden's nose.

Hayden slowly reached for her nose, her eyes going wide at the mercury. "Don't tell anyone." Hayden whispered, looking down at her hand before looking back up at Belle. "You can't tell anyone."

...

"Hey. What are you two doing?" Scott asked, making the two jump slightly. Melanie shrugged, slouching on the bench as Liam held her hand tightly, zipping his duffel bag with his other. "Nothing."