All Over Again

"There's four steps

"There's four steps. We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out." Scott said as he, Stiles, Melanie, Liam, Belle, Malia and Kira stood around his kitchen table, leaning over multiple different stacks of papers about Eichen House.

"And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier." Scott said, making Melanie's eyes go wide as she looked up at the two boys. "You have a plan for all of that?"

"A good one?" Belle added, making Stiles sigh as he dug into his pocket, pulling out a card. "I stole this last night off an orderly. But it's useless 'cause they reset the codes each night."

"So why did you take it?" Liam asked, shrugging this shoulders. Stiles' face fell slightly as he glared at Liam. "I'm getting to that."

Stiles sighed, turning to the rest of the group. "The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again." Melanie's face scrunched, tilting her head in confusion slightly. "How are you going to do that?" Stiles clenched his jaw, getting annoyed with the sophomores. "We're getting to that, okay, just listen."

Belle groaned, crossing her arms. "If you keep pausing we're gonna keep asking questions so if you could.. you know... pick up the pace? Thanks." Stiles whipped his head to Belle, squinting a glare before turning to the rest of the group. "I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code."

"So, if we trigger a reboot..." Melanie mumbled, Stiles nodding along since she was starting to get it. "The card goes back to the default code. It works again." Stiles said, making Melanie smile that she got the idea.

"How are we going to cause a brownout?" Kira asked. Stiles turned to Kira, pointing at her with pursed lips. "That's your part. You're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause the brownout. Not a blackout. Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad. Very, very bad."

"I don't think that was enough verys. Maybe add one more, really freak her out." Belle said, Malia whacking her head from behind her. Stiles gave Belle a look before turning back to Kira while Scott pointed at the map. "There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen. And Mel, you're going with her." Scott said as Stiles nodded. "Yeah, we want you two to stick together since you guys mess up the currents. It's a big fiasco. We don't want that. "

"Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that." Kira said and Scott shook his head. "That's okay. You have time to practice." Belle rubbed her eyes, looking at the group. "Let's say all this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen?"

Stiles gave her finger guns, nodding. "The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off the key card should work." Scott nodded, pointing at Liam. "Liam, you and I get Stiles to the gate of the Closed Unit. But after that, he has to go on his own. We can't get past the Mountain Ash barrier. And when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout."