Coming Home

"All right, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive

"All right, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive." Stiles rambled to Belle and Scott who sat on the hood of the keep, Belle lying down more than sitting.

"What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott asked as Belle thrilled her lips, looking up at the stars as she tried to not think of the moon that sat in the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." Stiles whispered and Scott laughed, making Belle turn to him. "You're bringing the Jeep?"

Stiles sighed, looking up to Scott. "You know the plan, okay. No one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Belle-" "Mel said, Kira's thinking USF." Belle answered, already knowing what he was asking and turning back to look at the stars.

Stiles nodded, looking back down. "Malia's, uh... gonna... you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect."

"Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott said as Belle sighed. "I'm so glad I have a few more years until I figure that shit out."

Stiles turned to her, slightly glaring at her head before turning back to Scott. "I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision. Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know."

Stiles looked up, noticing the two werewolves looking to the sky. "You guys all right? You're starting to feel it?" Stiles asked and Belle instantly shook her head as Scott sighed, looking back to Stiles. "No. Just thinking."

"About what?" Belle said mindlessly, keeping her eyes on the sky. "Senior year." Scott answered, making the girls face scrunch. She had been close with the two boys since she got bit at 13. She had spent the passed two years doing shenanigans with the boys and now, they were leaving. Leaving her. Belle felt herself frown slightly but not taking her eyes off the stars.

Stiles groaned at Scott's answer. "Senior year, come on. that's, that's... That's nothing. That's going to be easy."

Scott shook his head, looking down to his hands. "It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of regression to the mean?" Stiles pursed his lips before shaking his head. "No, I don't think so."

"It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good, right? But not amazing." Scott explained and Belle finally turned away from the sky, looking to Scott.

"Yeah, but no one's tried to kill us in six months either." Scott looked to Belle and nodded. "Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again... Or really bad."