Badass

After getting drenched in gasoline at school, Scott took the three freshman to his house to clean themselves up

After getting drenched in gasoline at school, Scott took the three freshman to his house to clean themselves up. Melanie barely walked out of the restroom after her shower. She was in a sweatshirt and leggings, drying off her hair with a towel when Scott practically ran passed her to get out of the house.

"Woah, woah. Wait. Where are you going?" Melanie yelled, catching Belle and Liams attention from the couch.

"Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go." Scott said, not looking back at the three. "More assassins?" Belle asked and Scott nodded. "Maybe a lot more."

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam asked, stopping in his spot as the two girls continued after Scott, not noticing he stopped moving yet.

"I think so, yeah." Scott said, finally turning around to the three, slowing his steps at Liam. Melanie and Belle turned around, noticing his worried face. Melanie walked over to Liam, giving him a small smile. "How about we take you home?"

Liam looked to Melanie before turning to Scott who was standing beside Belle, shaking his head. "I'm not like you." "Not yet." Scott said and Liam sighed.

"I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You guys try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

Belle visibly froze at the last question, having been friends with the youngest Argent. She quickly swallowed the lump in her throat, slowly looking to Liam. "Not all of us are."

Melanie looked down sadly as Scott walked up to Liam, putting an hand on his shoulder. "Let me at least take you home."

...

Melanie practically ran into the clinic when she and Scott got there after dropping Belle and Liam off at their houses. As soon as Kira heard the door open, she ran into the room and as soon as she saw Melanie, she ran over to her, pulling her into a hug. "Is mom..." "She's okay. Healing." Kira muttered, running a hand through Melanie's hair as Scott walked over to them. "What about you?"

Kira pulled away from Melanie, hugging Scott. "Me?" "Are you okay?" Scott asked and Kira chuckled, looking back and forth between her boyfriend and her sister. "Right now? Very."

Scott nodded. "Did you find him? Did you find Brett?" Kira let out a breathy laugh, nodding her head. "Actually, I think I found all of them." Kira walked towards the back room of the clinic.

"Satomi, this is who I was telling you about." Kira said, rubbing Scott's shoulder. Melanie smiled at the woman she had heard many stories of from her mother. "I know who Scott McCall is." Satomi said before smiling at the youngest Yukimura.

"Are we safe here?" Lori, Brett's sister asked. Melanie looked around at the room full with Satomi's pack. Scott nodded at the girls question. "But we're gonna need help. A lot of help."