Not Alone

Tonight was the last day of lacrosse practice until school started and so far, out of everyone in the friend group, Liam and Corey were the only two there.

And Coach wasn't having it.

"Dumbar!" Coach yelled, pointing at Liam who had just tackled Corey. Liam looked up from Corey, turning to Coach. He watched slightly in fear as the man gestured for him to come over.

Liam slowly walked towards the man and once he was just a few feet away from him, Coach started to yell again. "Dumbar-" "It's Dunbar." Liam interrupted, making Coach's face fall. "I don't care! Where's the little one?" The man yelled and Liams face scrunched. "What?"

"Your captain!" Coach yelled before being his hand up to Melanie's height. "The little one and the blondie? Oh! And the quiet one that doesn't like when I yell at her." Coach yelled, talking about Melanie, Belle and Gwen.

...

"I can't handle this!" Belle yelled, lying down across the benches in the girls locker room. Melanie sighed, taking a seat by Belles legs as she put on her padding for her lacrosse. "Yes, you can. And you've handled so much worse than this.

"I'm nothing without her." Belle groaned, shaking her head and Gwen laughed at the girls over exaggeration, shaking her head as she moved to sit by Belles head. "She didn't break up with you. She just moved away." Gwen said, looking down at Belle with a small smile.

Belle looked up at Gwen, frowning. "Hayden left me." She mumbled and Melanie tilted her head, giving her an amused "really?" look. "She moved, to protect her sister." Melanie said before her phone beeped on the bench. She grabbed her phone to look at who texted her and sighed, looking up at Belle. "Okay, Scott says Coach is losing it."

Belle let out a small groan, falling back down onto the bleachers. "Scott's leaving, too. Stiles already left." She said and Melanie groaned again, grabbing Belles arms and pulling her up. "Going to college is not leaving, okay? It's called growing up." Melanie said and Gwen nodded in agreement.

When Belle didn't respond, Mel cupped Belles face to have her look at her. "Hey." Melanie muttered as Gwen moved to sit beside Melanie so they could both see Belle. "I hate it too. But we have to grow up." Melanie said and Gwen frowned, nodding. "Mel's right. But we'll always come back to each other. Even if we all go to different colleges."

"I thought we were both applying to Hopkins." Liam spoke up, walking into the room unannounced. Melanie's eyes went wide, she turned to Liam, shaking her head crazily as Belles eyes softened, looking back and forth between Melanie and Liam. "You guys are going to the same college?"

"That is not the point." Melanie spoke up, wanting to change the topic. Belle turned to Melanie, her eyes barley widened and her brows creased sadly. Melanie gave Belle a small reassuring smile, grabbing her hands. "The point is that summer's almost over, we're about to be seniors, this is supposed to be the best year of our entire lives."