The Little One

Thunder rang throughout the town as Melanie and Scott stood on the lacrosse field after Scott practically yanked her out of bed to practice her lacrosse, leaving Liam who was sleeping beside her

"Scott, what are we doing out here? It's 1am!" Melanie yelled, pulling her hair up into a high ponytail. Scott adjusted the lacrosse stick in his hands, looking up at the girl. "We gotta work on your back shots." Scott said, looking at Melanie with raised brows.

"Why?" Melanie asked and Scott smirked, pushing the heels of his feet deeper into the dirt. "Because they suck." Melanie looked at Scott in a fake shock, her jaw dropped as she glared. "What are you talking about?"

Scott's smirk grew wider, tossing Melanie a lacrosse stick which she quickly caught before turning back to him as he answered. "Your back shots. Which suck."

Melanie glared at the boy, digging her feet further into the dirt before scooping up the ball in her stick and running towards the goal. Before Scott could even notice what she was doing, Melanie launched the ball. She watched as it whizzed passed his head, making it into the goal.

Scott looked behind him at the ball with wide eyes before turning back to Melanie in shock; the girl having a cocky grin on her face. "I must've been thinking of someone else." Scott said, an almost proud smile on his face as he watched Melanie who straightened up with a big smile, shrugging her shoulders innocently. "Yeah. Someone else."

Suddenly, all the lights on the field turned off, making Melanie shriek out of surprise. After hearing Scott laugh at her, she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, guess we have to go now."

"No, we don't." Scott said before his eyes glowed bright red. Melanie slowly started to smile, laughing and shaking her head slightly as she twirled the lacrosse stick in her hands. "Oh, this'll be awesome." Melanie muttered with a smirk, her fox eyes glowing bright green as she tightened her grip on her lacrosse stick before running towards the goal.

...

After practicing for around half an hour, Melanie felt a sense of worry fill her up. She didn't know why she felt it but she tried to shake it off until Scott stopped playing, smelling the worry radiating off of her.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked and Melanie's brows furrowed. "I don't know. I just feel like somethings wrong." Scott looked at Melanie in confusion before looking back towards the school. She watched as he head lifted before he turned back to Melanie with a worried look. "It's Mason and Corey."

Melanie's face fell, her and Scott dropping their lacrosse sticks and running towards the school. Melanie followed Scott as he traced back Mason and Coreys smell before they ended up at the doors of the library.

The pair threw the doors open and ran in before Corey and Mason popped out from behind a bookshelf with books in their hands as self defense weapons, screaming.