Deja Vu

Melanie was speechless

And considering she was quite the chatter-box, being speechless was pretty hard for her.

But of course, sitting in a car with your ex that you dated for over a decade could do that to somebody.

Melanie and Liam were on their way to the Sheriffs Station to meet up with Lydia and hopefully find Noah and the whole car ride had been relatively silent, only the car radio at a low volume being the only thing they could hear.

Melanie was getting sick of the quiet. She'd rather jump out of the car whist it was moving then sit in silence any longer. "How have you...been?" Melanie asked, looking at Liam for a second before quickly turning away. Liams hands tense on the wheel as he cleared his throat.

"I've been good. I've been living with Mason at his place. A couple of weeks ago I started getting restless being here and I hopped on a plane to Japan." Liam said as he kept his eyes on the road. Melanie's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Really? Japan?" She asked, not expecting Liam to say that.

Liam chuckled at Melanie's shock, nodding his head as he kept his eyes on the road. "Yeah, I remember loving it when we went for a ten year anniversary. Figured it'd be nice to go again. While I was at a bar when a cloaked man walked in and started fighting with the bartender for the nogitsune. That's how I knew to come back."

Melanie smiled at the memory of their ten year anniversary. They saved for over two years for that trip and they absolutely loved it.

"What about you?" Liam asked, turning his head to really get a look at Melanie. Her hair was longer than the last time they were together and it was in its natural wavy state instead of the straight hair Melanie kept making with her flat iron.

Liam always thought she looked nice with her natural hair.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts when Melanie started to answer his question.

"I'm still at the apartment. Had to get roommates to help with the rent though." Melanie said and she could hear Liam chuckle. If she focused hard enough on the window, she could see a faint reflection of him.

"Roommates?" Liam asked, emphasizing on how she said roommates and not roommate. "It's a two bedroom apartment." He chuckled out, making a small laugh leave Melanie's lips. She turned her head to face Liam, her laugh only making Liam chuckle more. "Oh, I'm very aware. It's the number thing Corey and Theo fight about. Tempted to get them a bunk bed so they shut up about it."

Liam laughed at her words, not expecting those names to come out of Melanie's mouth. "Your roommates are Corey and Theo?" Liam chuckled out and he could faintly see Melanie nod.

"Is that why Theo came back with you?" Liam asked. Melanie nodded, pulling her lips into a line.

"Yeah, Scott called saying he wanted backup for this plan to get Allison out of bardo incase it went South. I figured the more help the better. I offered both of them to come, but Corey was worried he'd see Mason so he..." Melanie's words slowed as she started to look out the window, watching what they were stopped next to at the red light. "Backed out."