Best Date Yet

Melanie leaned up against Liams car as she watched him stare at his flat tire, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"What?" Melanie asked, moving to walk around behind Liam to see what he was doing to the car. Liam whipped his head around to Melanie, shaking his head with pursed lips. "Nothin."

Melanie, instantly noticing that Liam had no clue what he was doing, groaned, moving to lean against the hood of the car. "We should have taken the Jeep. Stiles said we could use the Jeep. Several times. And he never lets anyone drive his Jeep!"

"It's a new car." Liam yelled defensively and Melanie snorted, crossing her arms. "Please, this things older than us." She called out as Liam got off the ground and walked towards the back of the car to look for the jack.

After a few seconds, Liam stepped out from behind the truck with a disappointed look. "There's no Jack." Liam said and Melanie squinted, trying to think of something else that could help.

"What about a spare?" Melanie asked. Liams eyes went wide, not thinking of a spare, he quickly ran towards the back of the truck to check and came back almost seconds with a defeated look. "No spare?" Melanie asked tiredly and Liam frowned, shaking his head. "No spare."

Melanie sighed, leaning back onto the truck. Liam looked at Melanie sadly before sighing, shaking his head. "I know. Worst date ever." Liam mumbled, walking towards Melanie as he sadly kicked the dirt at his feet.

"No. No." Melanie said, a small laugh passing through her lips as she wrapped her arms around Liams neck. "We've had worse." Melanie said and Liam pursed his lips, putting his fingers in Melanie's belt loops to pull her closer as he nodded. "The double dates."

Melanie laughed as she nodded before she thought of another date, her eyes going sarcastically wide. "The triple dates." Melanie laughed out. Liam looked at her with scared eyes, recalling the events of the triple dates they had gone on with Mason and Corey, and Belle and Hayden.

"Oh God. What about new year's?" Liam asked and Melanie squinted, thinking of another bad date. "Christmas with your parents."

Liam nodded before he snickered, pulling Melanie in even closer by her belt loops, their bodies pressed against each other and their faces inches apart. "That time Melissa walked in on us havi-"  "Please don't finish that sentence. I can't look her in the eyes anymore." Melanie shrieked, laughing slightly as she looked down, shaking her head.

Liam laughed with Mel, resting his chin on the top of her head. He looked down and kissed her head before grabbing her by the chin and lifted her head to look at him as he shrugged. "Actually, this could be our best date yet."

Melanie smiled at Liam, nodding slightly as she kissed his lips. When she pulled away, her eyes traveled just above him, staring at the green rays in the air in awe. "Look. It must be the northern lights." Melanie breathed out.