Horseback Riding

After letting the fact that they were back in the real world settle in, Melanie and Stiles didn't waste anytime driving to Scott's house , hoping the pack was there, waiting for them.

The Jeep barely stopped before the two teens jumped out of the car, running into the house.

"Scott?" Stiles yelled as he bursted through the door. He looked around the empty house as Melanie ran passed him, heading straight for the stairs. "Scott! Belle!" Melanie screamed as she barged into her room. It was normal, just how she left it but the small mattress that was across the room from Melanie's bed that was for Belle was gone.

Melanie slammed her door closed and ran to Scott's room. "Scott?" She called out as she walked in but he wasn't there.

Melanie closed his door, running to Melissa's room. "Melissa?" Melanie asked, a small part of her hoping that the woman was there but when she opened the door, the entire room was empty. Nothing was there.

The Yukimura girl sighed sadly as she slowly shut the woman's door. She turned around to walk down the stairs but froze at Stiles at the end of the hall, sending her a sad, lopsided smile. Melanie frowned at the boy, shaking her head. "They're not here."

Stiles nodded, sucking in a breath of air as he ran a hand through his hair. "It's okay. We'll find them."

...

Stiles and Melanie ran into the Sheriff's Station and the two instantly skidded to a stop at the mess in the room. A deputy desk was thrown across the room and the window to see inside the Sheriffs office was shattered, glass all across the floor.

"Oh God." Stiles muttered, running into his dads office to see if the man was in there. Melanie slowly looked around the room, her eyes gazing across the broken glass until her eyes fell onto something pink and purple on the ground. The girls brows furrowed at the object and she slowly walked towards it

Her eyes widened once she realized what the object was. A small gasp left her mouth, catching Stiles' attention as she bent down to pick it up.

"Mel?" Stiles asked, watching the girl with furrowed brows as she stood back up, looking down at something in her hands. When she didn't answer, Stiles started walking out of his fathers office just as she let out a sigh.

"Mel, what's wrong?" Stiles asked again, leaning against the doorway of the office. Melanie slowly looked up at Stiles, a sad smile on her face. "This is Belle's." She whispered and Stiles' eyes went wide, quickly running towards her to look down at the bracelet as the girl shook her head. "Well, it was mine but I gave it to her the first time she snuck into my place. She... She told me about her dad and I didn't know how to comfort her. I gave her this because I knew she didn't like being hugged when she was sad."

"I guess it was really important to her." Stiles said and Melanie felt ehr heart drop, slowly looking up at him. "Was? What does that mean?"

Stiles looked down at her words and slowly, Melanie put two and two together and slowly looked back down at the bracelet sadly. "You think she got taken. That this is her totem."