The Anuk-ite

Melanie had been making rounds around the four people that had been shot, sitting with them for a while, talking with them if they were awake, and taking some of their pain when they weren't looking

She was staring to feel really drained and lightheaded. She took a break after visiting Lydias bedside and taking some of her pain. She was gonna go to Mason next since Melissa was in surgery, but when she saw Corey sitting in there, she decided to leave the two of them alone.

Melanie took this time to stop by the vending machine. She got herself a water and a bag of chips. She decided to head back to Lydias room. She felt like she was being watched from the waiting area and even though Lydia hadn't woken up yet, Mel figured she'd be better company.

Melanie sat with Lydia for about an hour, taking more of her pain and draining herself before she heard Melissa was out of surgery.

When Melanie walked into the room, she hardy expected to see the woman awake.

But there Melissa McCall was, smiling at the Melanie.

Melanie felt relief wash over her as she ran to the woman. "Melissa." Melanie whispered, worried if she spoke any louder it may come out as a cry. Melanie pulled the woman into a hug, making sure to be gentle. Melanie felt relief wash over her when she felt Melissa hug back.

When they pulled away, Melissa's face fell. She slowly brought a hand up to Melanie's face and cupped her cheek. Melanie felt Melissa run her thumb just under Melanie's eye.

"You're working yourself too hard, sweetheart." Melissa muttered, her voice scratchy and weak. Melanie titled her head into Melissa's hand as she sat down in the seat right next to her bed.

"I don't want to see anything happen to you, Melanie." Melissa whispered and Melanie nodded, she felt her throat tighten at the sight of Melissa. She didn't want anything to happen to her. "Okay, I'll watch myself." Melanie muttered before she smiled at the woman she's grown to see as a mother.

"I love you." Melanie said and Melissa gave the girl a big smile. Melissa nodded along quickly, running her thumb across Melanie's cheekbone again. "I love you."

...

"You think we're all killers? Maybe we should be." Belle heard Liam growl out as glass shattered.

Belle and Theo stood behind Liam, watching as he pushed Gabe's face into the mirror in the locker room. Belle was leaned up against the lockers beside her as Theo crossed his arms, both of them smirking.

"You're really gonna kill him? I mean, I don't care if you do. But, have you thought this through? Any idea where you're gonna dump the body?" Theo asked and Belle nodded along, furrowing her brows in a sarcastic manner.

"But no one saw you grab him, did they? 'Cause that could be a problem." Belle said, turning to look up at Theo beside her who was already looking at her. He nodded, knowing Liam could see the two of them in the reflection. Liam growled, pushing Gabe's head further into the mirror.