Phone Home

Melanie had been working for the past 16 hours

She was sore everywhere and her eyes could barely stay open as she changed out of her scrubs and in to her normal clothes. She could hear the other surgical residents talk about how what they'd be doing now that they get to go home as checked her phoen for any missed notifications.

She noticed she had a voicemail from Scott a couple hours earlier. Her brows furrowed when she realized he had abruptly called. It wasn't too late for him to be calling, but he knew that she worked so he would normally text before he called to make sure it was a good time for her to talk.

Melanie pressed play on the voicemail and brought it up to her ear. She could faintly hear Scott's heavy breathing on the other end before he finally spoke.

"Hey, Mel. We need to talk. Call me when you can."

That was all Melanie had to hear to make her groan. She hated that she could tell just by the tone of his voice that what they needed to talk about was supernatural related. She hadn't done anything supernatural related or even seen some of the pack since a little after she graduated when her and the pack tried to help out this kid named Alec.

Melanie grabbed her bag and threw it over her shoulder as she closed her cubby. She locked it and waved bye to the other residence as she started to walk out of the hospital, calling Scott back so he could tell her his news.

...

Almost the entire bus ride home she was on the phone with Scott. She still didn't get much information. She knew Allison was stuck in bardo and was trying to get set free. And she knew Scott, Lydia and Chris wanted to help her, but they wanted backup incase it went South.

It was around 11pm when Melanie finally got home. She didn't try to be quiet as she unlocked and opened her front door to see Theo and Corey on the couch watching a movie.

Melanie made sure to take off her shoes as soon as she walked in before tiredly trudging through her house and falling onto the couch in beside Theo. She was shorter than the two boys and not just because she normally was, but because she was slumped back on to the couch.

She sighed as she turned to the two boys, deciding to use Scotts line he had used on her. "We have to talk."

The two boys glanced at each other before they both turned back to Melanie. She sat up when she realized she couldn't see Corey over Theo. She sat in a criss cross position and rested one of her elbows on the back of the couch, putting her chin in her hand.

"I got a call from Scott. They need help back in Beacon Hills." Melanie said. Theo let out an annoyed sigh as Corey frowned. "They just need backup incase his plan goes South, but by the sound of Scott's voice and what they're planning on doing, they probably need all the help they can get." Melanie said before she turned to Corey who looked extremely nervous.

"I get if you don't want to go back in case of seeing Mason. If it was anyone else calling I would be hesitant going too." Melanie said before she sighed, shaking her head. "But this is Scott. This is my brother so I'm going."

Theo nodded, watching Melanie with a smile. "I'm in. When do we leave?" He asked and Melanie turned to him. "Tomorrow 9am. Already bought the tickets." She said and Theo sighed, getting up. "I'll go pack."

Once he left the room, Melanie scooted closer to Corey. "Corey, just because Theo and I are going, doesn't mean you have to." Melanie said, her voice rambling and fast, making Corey chuckle. "Mel, I know."

Melanie calmed down as Corey's eyes drifted down. "I just... I don't think I'm ready to see him yet. You guys go. I'll watch the house." Corey said. Mel watched him for a couple seconds before pulling him into a hug, making Corey laugh.

"I love you." Melanie said and Corey smiled, tightening his grip around the girl. "I love you too."

When they pulled away from their hug, Corey watched Melanie carefully. "Are you gonna be okay?" Corey asked, thinking about the possibility of Scott calling Liam for help too. Melanie sighed. "I don't know." She whispered. Corey gave the girl half a smile and rubbed her shoulder. "Call me for anything."

"Definitely." Melanie groaned out, keeping her eyes ahead of her instead of turning to Corey. "Theo gives horrible relationship advice." Melanie huffed, shaking her head in a fake saddened tone.

"Relationship advice?" Corey asked before he scooted closer to Melanie, watching her with an amused, but confused look. "So, if Liam's there, you're gonna try and get him back?"

Melanie sighed at the question. Was the answer not obvious? Of course she'd try to get Liam back. She still loves him and now she's finished her surgical internship and hours have been easier to manage.

She bit her lip to hold back the frown taking over her face. She fell back onto the couch and turned her head to face Corey before she finally nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm gonna try and win him back." As those words came out of her mouth, she felt her heart start racing. She pushed herself out of the laid back position she was just in, startling Corey.

"I mean, he bought a fucking ring, Cor. He was going to propose. We were supposed to get married." Melanie rambled before she fell back into the couch again, groaning. "I'm gonna make it right." She muttered as Corey watched her with wide eyes.

He reached for her hand and gave it a small squeeze before he got off the couch and walked towards the bathroom. "You're crazy." He said under his breath and Melanie let outa small, tired laugh at his words.

Her hand reached for the ring around her neck. She pulled it out from under her shirt and frowned as she traced her fingers over the ring's design. She looked around her apartment, thinking how different it would look if her and Liam's fight turned out better than it had.

She looked back down at her ring and felt her heart tug in heartbreak. She's never gotten over how the fight went down. She couldn't stop blaming herself.

Melanie knew that if she saw Liam, she'd probably get all nervous and freeze up at first. Frankly, she's a little terrified of the chance to see him, but she knew she had to get him back.

-im

-im... not the biggest fan of this chapter....
BUT I HAVE LIKE THE WHOLE MOVIE ALMOST COMPLETELY WRITTEN SO IM EXCITED.