Bonfires and Gasoline

Melanie woke up to the sound of Belle yelping and machines whirling

After being sent to another hospital, Noshiko insisted on having Melanie stay in Beacon Hills, staying at the McCall household until she came back and since Belle spent most of her nights at Melanie's because of her father, Belle was staying at the McCalls as well, the two girls staying in the spare room.

"What the hell!" Melanie whined groggily, stuffing her face into her pillows more in hopes it would drown out the machine sounds.

"This goddamn printer won't turn off!" Belle groaned, hitting the top of the printer. Melanie peaked her head out from her pile of pillows and blankets, turning to Belle. "Did you try turning it off-" "Yes I tried turning it off!" Belle snapped, Melanies eyes going wide at her attitude but got up nonetheless.

She tiredly picked up one of the papers but all the sleepiness went away in an instant as she turned to Belle. "Did you even see what that thing was printing?" Belle gave Melanie a confused look before grabbing one of the papers off the ground, her eyes immediately widening.

"Is this the deadpool?" Belle whisper yelled in panic and Melanie quickly nodded her head. "Why the hell is it printing the deadpool?"

Before she could answer the question, Belle froze at the sound of someone coming towards their room. She quickly sat on top of the printer, stopping it from letting out more papers as she pointed at the ones on the ground. "Hide them! Hide them! Someone's coming."

Melanies eyes went wide as she quickly kicked all the papers under Belle's bed as the door opened. Melissa smiled to the girls. "Just wanted to see how you two are settling in..."

The two smiled, nodding their heads. Melissa have them a skeptical look before turning to look down the hall towards Scott's room. "Well, I'm heading off to work, Scott will be driving you two." Melanie and Belle nodded again. Melissa gave them a sweet smile before closing the door and leaving the house.

Belle slowly hopped off the printer, the machine had finally stopped printing papers. Belle sighed picking up one of the papers from under her bed, turning back to Melanie. "We have to figure out what's going on."

...

When they got to school, the two girls were stopped by Mason who came running to them as soon as he saw them walk in. "So! The bonfire... You two are going right?" Mason asked hopefully.

Melanie pulled her lips into a line, looking down at the ground as Belle cleared her throat, looking anywhere but Mason, making his jaw drop. "You're kidding. You two are on the lacrosse team and aren't going?!" Mason whisper yelled, Melanies shoulders immediately raised in defense. "We were just gonna have a movie night..."

"Without us?!" Mason cried and Melanies jaw dropped. "Dude, you've been talking about this thing nonstop! How were we supposed to know you'd pass it up for a movie night?"