Scared

"Is three enough?" Kira asked Stiles as Melanie set her laptop on the table beside Scott and Liam's

"Is three enough?" Kira asked Stiles as Melanie set her laptop on the table beside Scott and Liam's. "Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles breathed out and Melanie started biting her nails. "Are we really doing this?" She asked, looking around at the three older teens.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott said, nodding his head. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked and Melanie crossed her arms, letting out a 'hmph' noise. "It's incredibly dangerous." "And borderline idiotic." Stiles added, making Melanie nod.

Liam turned to Melanie, noticing her worry. "Have you guys done something like this before?" Melanie let out a dry laugh. "Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?"

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira answered Melanie's question.

Scott quickly turned to Liam. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to-" "I'm not scared." Liam interrupted and Stiles patted his shoulder. "Then you're borderline idiotic." Melanie chuckled at his words, wrapping her arm around Liam's shoulder.

"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" Stiles asked and Melanie shifted on her feet. "How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott said, looking up at her. Stiles nodded. "Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott asked. "You don't get paid." Kira and Melanie breathed out, the boys nodding.

"But how does that get us any closer to The Benefactor?" Liam asked, looking around at everyone. "He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott answered.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles muttered and Melanie nodded, catching on. "So, if he wants visual confirmation..." "He's going to have to come get it himself." Scott finished.

...

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam asked, pacing around Scott's room after Kira called her and Mel's mom to go over the plan. "I think Liam's kind of nervous. Maybe you should tell him it's going to be all right." Melanie said, bouncing back and forth on her feet, trying to hide the worry she was feeling as well.

Scott chuckled. "It's going to be all right."

Liam nodded, turning to Noshiko. "So, you've done this before, right?" She tilted her head a little at his question. "I've seen it done."

"Is that just as good?" Liam asked, trying to find any reassurance. "No." Melanie turned to her mother with wide eyes. "Mom!" "Mom, you're not inspiring confidence." Kira added. "Mom?" Liam asked Melanie.

"Good. This is a terrible idea." Noshiko answered Kira's words as Melanie turned to Liam, nodding her head and when she turned back to her mom, she could see Liam straighten up out of the corner of her eyes.