Gum Girl

"Hey Mel? So I'm not very good at history, will your dad go easy on me since we're friends?" Mason asked Melanie after he found her getting out of the car with her father and her sister

"Hey Mel? So I'm not very good at history, will your dad go easy on me since we're friends?" Mason asked Melanie after he found her getting out of the car with her father and her sister. Melanie scoffed turning to him as she chuckled. "Mason... I'm pretty sure he's not even gonna go easy on me."

Mason sighed at her words, resting his head on her shoulder before a body pushed itself in between them, wrapping their arms around both teens shoulders as another body came to the other side of Melanie, doing the same.

"Today's the day! We are starting sophomore year!" Belle screamed as Liam chuckled in between Melanie and Mason.

Melanies brows furrowed, turning to Belle. "You look way too happy about school." Mason turned to look at Belle, noticing the smile on her face. "Yeah... who are you and what have you done to Belle?"

The Parker girl rolled her eyes, shaking her head as Mason dug into his backpack, pulling out an old looking book.

"This is the one I was telling you about. I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany. Cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it." Mason rambled.

"You're still reading about this stuff?" Melanie asked, leaning forward to face him from the other side of Liam. Mason slowly turned to Melanie as if she were crazy. "I was attacked by an armor-plated giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression. Look. Look. Have you ever seen anything like this?" He quickly flipped open the book to show the three a picture of a berserker.

Melanie pursed her lips as Liam scrunched his face and Belle shook her head. "No. Never." The three said at the same time.

Mason sighed, looking back to the book. "And then there's this whole section about the Nagual. Have you ever heard of the name Tezcat-" "Tezcatlipoca." Melanie corrected, not even looking up from her phone. Liam cleared his throat, elbowing her ribs and she quickly turned to Mason, shaking her head. "No. No, never heard of him."

"Take your seats, everyone." Melanies dad yelled as everyone walked into the class. Melanie took a seat in front of Mason and beside Belle as went Liam to sit behind the Parker girl but stopped when he saw who would sit beside him. "Oh! Great."

Melanie turned around at Liams mutter, watching a girl blow a bubble out of her gum before popping it. The girl turned to Melanie and smiled, making Melanie give her a small smile in return.

"Liam. You're not gonna just stand there, are you?" Mr. Yukimura asked, noticing Liam still standing. Liam cleared his throat, shifting his weight. "Maybe."

Mr. Yukimura smirked, tilting his head. "The whole semester?" Liam looked around before nodding. "Maybe."

Mr. Yukimura sighed, putting the books on the desk. "Liam, have a seat."

Liam looked back and forth between his seat and the girl beside it. "Oh, Jesus Christ." Belle groaned, getting up from her seat in front of him, pushing Liam towards it as she took the seat right beside the girl.