Party Hour

After Mel told the group she had seen Ghost Riders, the girl had barely gotten any privacy; one of them always watching her to make sure she didn't get taken.

But after she got the chance to sneak away while Hayden and Belle were watching her, Melanie snuck to the locker rooms to change in peace before practice.

As she threw on her jersey, she heard a locker a few sets down from her slam as a voice groaned. "Where is it? Who took all of her stuff?"

Melanie's brows furrowed, looking down the aisle, her eyes falling on one of the girls on the lacrosse team with her, Gwen. "What's wrong, Gwen?" Melanie asked softly, closing her locker door and walking towards the girl.

"Someone stole all of her stuff." Gwen yelled and Melanie rose her hands in front of the girl to try and calm her down, her brows furrowing. "Whose stuff?"

Gwen looked at Melanie with wide, almost annoyed eyes. "Phoebe. My sister. She's been on the soccer for two years. And she sits in front of you in history." Melanies brows furrowed, trying to remember the girl being described to her but she just couldn't. She slowly looked up at Gwen with sad eyes, shaking her head in defeat. "I don't remember her."

Gwen scoffed, throwing her backpack over her shoulder. "You don't remember her? The school doesn't remember her. No one remembers her." Gwen grumbled, walking out of the room.

Melanie watched Gwen go with furrowed brows before her eyes started to widen, reprocessing Gwen's words. No one remembers her.

Melanie slowly followed Green down the hall, watching her go into the library. Melanie waited a couple of minutes before going in after her. She walked though the room, trying to look for the girl before she found her at one of the last aisles on the bottom floor.

She slowly walked towards her, Gwen not even looking up at her but Mel kept walking until she was right in front of her. "What are you lookin' for?" Melanie asked, looking around the aisle Gwen was in. Melanie knew Gwen was looking for something of Phoebe considering she had three yearbooks stacked in her hands, one of them open as she frantically flipped through the pages.

"Anything to prove that Phoebe's real." Gwen said, not taking her eyes off the yearbook. After reaching the end of the book, she groaned, putting it back on the shelf, opening the next one on the stack.

"Gwen." Melanie said but the girl ignored her, flipping through the pages. Melanie sighed, her shoulder slumping. "Gwen." Melanie said again but Gwen continued to ignore her.

"Gwen!" Melanie said, putting her hand on the girls shoulder. Gwen jumped slightly, looking at Melanie with wide eyes.

"I believe you." Melanie said softly. Gwen looked at Melanie for a few seconds before shaking her head and rolling her eyes. "No, you don't." Melanie's face fell, a sad smile growing on her face as she shook her head. "Gwen, you have no idea how much I believe you. Trust me."