Wells and Anchors

Melanie was asleep when she felt someone start jumping on her bed

Melanie was asleep when she felt someone start jumping on her bed. Melanie groaned, figuring it was Belle and hid under the blankets more. "Leave me alone, Belle." Melanie groaned and the body jumped one more time before landing in a sitting position at the foot of her bed.

"Not Belle." The voice sang and Melanie peaked her head out of the blanket, giving Mason a tired and confused look. "How the hell do you know where I live?"

Suddenly another body fell onto the bed, landing directly on top of Melanie, making her groan. "We went to Belle's, and she told us where you lived." Liam said, rolling off of Melanie, leaning up, resting his head on his arm as he laid on his side beside her.

"Why were you at Belle's?" Melanie asked and Mason sighed. "Well, Liam and I always do some running on Saturday mornings so we thought since you two are our friends now you would want to come along."

Melanie chuckled, giving Mason raised brows and a smirk. "And how did Belle react to that?" Liam chuckled as his eyes fell on her wolf stuffed animal. He quickly placed it on his chest and lifted up its arms, making it dance.

Mason sighed. "She said, and I quote, "I don't run so leave me the hell alone" So we asked her where you lived and told us it was the second window on he left side of the house and that you leave the window unlocked, which I may safe is very unsaf- OW!" Mason yelped, his rambles getting cut off my Melanie throwing a pillow at his face, making Liam laugh.

Melanie slowly sat up, groaning. She squinted at all the lights on in her room and pointed to her window. "Get out. I'll go change." Mason smiled, climbing out of Melanies room as Liam stayed on her bed beside her. "I like your room. And your bed is comfy." Liam muttered doing a snow angel and Melanie slowly looked down at him.

Liam looked up at Melanie, the wolf plush still sitting on his chest as he sent her a small smile. Melanie felt herself smiling back and him before she nudged her head to her window. "Get out of my room." She said giggling and Liam nodded, getting up and climbing out of the window.

...

"It's not just that we were friends with them. They were using us for their cover. I mean, professional killers were using us. How are you two not freaking out about that?" Mason asked as they ran and Melanie shrugged.

"I wasn't really friends with them. The only freshman I'm friends with are you two and Belle."

Suddenly, Liam ran passed the two. Melanie quickly sped up to run beside him.

When Liam finally stopped, Melanie went beside him, resting her hands on her knees as she tried to breathe. "Jesus Christ, Liam. When did you become the flash?"

A car came out of no where, hitting the two teens. Melanie hit the ground with a groan, curling into a ball as Liam hissed in pain a few feet away from her. She heard someone get out of the car and slowly looked up, panic filling her at Garret walking towards them.