As Good As Us

Melanie was asleep when she was woken up from someone calling at 2am. She groaned into her pillow, going to reach for her phone without looking but she missed completely.

She lifted her head out of the pillow and frowned that she was now awake. She leaned forward and grabbed her phone from her nightstand, waking up Liam beside her since his arm was draped around her waist.

"What the..." Melanie muttered as she looked at the Caller ID. Liams brows furrowed, still half asleep as he watched Melanie in confusion. "What? Who is it?" He asked as Melanie sat up and answered the call. "Hello?" Melanie asked, her voice tired and raspy.

"I need your help." Theo said from the other end of the line. Melanie rubbed her eyes and started to get out of bed, only confusing Liam more. "Where are you and what's wrong?"

"I'm at the animal clinic. I can explain when you get here." Theo said as Melanie walked to the other side of her room, slipping on her shoes as Lima jumped out of the bed and ran towards Melanie.

"Who are you talking to!?" Liam whisper yelled and Melanie held up her finger as if to say "hold on" as she put in her other shoe.

"You're not gonna murder me when I get there, right?" Melanie asked Theo and Liams eyes practically fell out of his head as his eyes widened. "Murder?!" Liam yelled and Melanie whipped her head to him with a glare.

She put her hand over her phone and nodded her head to the door. "Are you insane?! Screaming 'murder' in a house with two werewolves and Melissa in the next room!" Melanie whisper yelled and Liam pulled his lips into a line before mouthing "sorry".

Melanie rolled her eyes with a smile. She leaned towards Liam and kissed his cheek before she put her attention back onto Theo.

"I'm leave right now." Melanie said and Theo chuckled. "I didn't even answer the murder question."

Melanies brows rose at his words, crossing one of her hands over her chest. "Do you want me to help you or not?" She asked and she heard Theo gulp. "I won't kill you." He whispered and Melanie smiled and titled her head.

"Aww... That's so sweet of you." Melanie sang before she hang up, not even saying goodbye. She turned around to Liam and saw him standing in front of her, waiting for her to fill him in.

Melanie looked down at his feet and saw that he wasn't wearing any shoes or socks. She looked up at Liam and squinted at him. "You heard that whole conversation and decided not to put your shoes on?"

Liam looked down at his feet and cursed until his breath, he rams towards his shoes and socks and put them on. As he did, he looked up at Melanie.

"So... Where are we going?" Liam asked and Melanie sighed, walking towards her window and leaning against the sill of it, her arms crossed as she sighed.