Chapter 1- Suspicious Sunday, April 13, 2014

I sat on my bed as I strummed on my black Fender acoustic guitar, when my fifteen-year-old brother, John, got a call from my beloved girlfriend. Apparently, she wanted him to come over to her house.

"Going over to Melly's house." He said as he hung up his phone. He got his keys as he left the room.

"'Kay." I said, strumming away as he left the room.

Once I heard the door closed, I put my guitar to the side and laid down on my head. I looked up at my ceiling, wondering what the hell is going on with her.

I should probably explain myself, before I get further into my story.

I am Derek Parker. I am a sixteen year old, Italian descendent boy. I have dark auburn hair and chocolate eyes. I live in Sacramento, California with my brother, John my mother, Caroline, my step-father, Liam Walker, and my six year old step-sister, Mia. I am a junior at John F. Kennedy High School with my brother and the best girl in the entire world.

Her name is Melina Martinez, but we all call her, Melly, for short. She is a Puerto Rican descendant, who has dark brown hair and deep, dark chocolate eyes. She is only four months younger than me and she lives right next door to me. She's an only child.

Our mothers were roommates at Georgia State University and they were best friends ever since. I was in the room during visiting hours the day Melly was born. Rumor says that I smiled for the first time that I saw her. I am not sure if our moms only said that just to make our story cuter, but who am I to argue with them? I was only a baby.

Melly is my best friend in the whole entire universe. We do everything together. We go to school together. We took driving class together. We go everywhere together or else, it wouldn't make sense at all. We go to each other's houses all the time and we often end up sleeping in each's beds for the past two or three years. We left a few pieces of clothes in each other's closets, because we're so used to spending the night with each, that we just decided to leave it there for one day. We're also the lead singers of a rock band called, "Black Pliers". We're just a small garage band that would play to the neighbors every once in a while, but we all have fun making music together. She's my world. I cannot imagine my life without her.

As of four weeks ago on March 16, 2014, I got back to Sacramento after spending a week in New York City with my mom's sister and her family. There was a school dance that day and I only made it to the last fifteen minutes of it to spend it with Melly. After that ended, we got into my car and drove off to somewhere only we know.

Somewhere only we know is a reference to a hill in the park with a lake, a huge tree, a bench, and a swing. We found it, while we were walking through the park when we were twelve. Nobody really goes there, so we just wrote our initials inside of a heart on the tree and we named it, "Our Hill". It's the place where we go to, if we want to get away from everyone and everything. It's a really peaceful place to go to. We often call it, "Somewhere Only We Know" as a reference to our favorite song of all time by Keane. We love it.

Anyway, once we got to Our Hill, we stayed in our car talking, while watching the stars twinkle up above. And then we started to make out. We never stopped once, when we moved to the back, removed our clothes and made love for the first time ever. I don't why that happened. We promised to have sex after marriage and we're usually careful whenever we made out. We often pulled back once we felt like we're going a little bit too far. But it happened. And I honestly don't regret it one bit. It was one of the best nights of my life. The thing is though, because we didn't think we would EVER do it any time soon, we did it without protection. Of course, it felt great, but I'm sort of scared of what's coming up next.