Chapter 20- Last Day of Summer Sunday, August 31, 2014

Recap: Derek and Melly are expecting a child at sixteen. Right now they're on summer vacation, working at Target(well, Melly works at Starbucks, but it is in Target). Derek encountered his father for the first time in twelve years and his father was trying to make up for it by inviting Derek and Melly to dinner, which they took, but Derek refuses to cooperate with him.

Today was the last day of summer, much to everyone in America despair. But I decided since I can't stop time, I'll get one last kick in before school starts tomorrow. I know how much Melly misses being a kid. It's not just the fact that she's pregnant that makes her feel this way, it's just the fact that we're finally seniors that makes her long for her childhood back. I don't blame her, I miss it too. Teen dad or not, growing up is scary yet exciting. You never know what life has in store for you next.

Every year, there's a festival in Sacramento's big huge field to celebrate the ending of summer. There's puppet shows, food, games, carnival rides. It's really fun. While Melly and I can't go on the rides this year, that doesn't mean we can't do everything else while we're here.

I parked on the grass like everyone else, before Melly got up and bolted out of the car. I laughed as I stepped out of the car. "Slow down, speedy." I yelled after her.

She looked back at me, walking backwards. "Well, catch up." She said, turning back around and jogging towards the fair.

"Bitch." I said, a little too loudly.

"Excuse me?" Melly said, making me widened my eyes in fear. Oh, I do not want to make her mad. Especially not here.

"I love you!" I yelled.

"That's what I thought you said." I heard her grumbled. I jogged up to where she is, grabbing her hand as we walked around the festival.

I smiled and said, "So, what do you want to do first?"

"I don't know. What do YOU want to do first?" Michi asked, jokingly.

I laugh and went along with it, "I don't know. I will do whatever you want to do."

"And I will do whatever YOU want to do." She said, with a giggle in her voice.

"Well, fine then. We can walk around and see what they have and get a corn dog." I said.

"Fine! Then we might as well get a juice and cotton candy too." She said.

"Well, fine!" I exclaimed.

"Fine!" She said, looking deeply into my eyes. We bursted into laughter at our little joke. We did our secret handshake, slap our hands to our right, slap left, then fist pump once we were done then we continued our walk with a few giggles left in us. "What can we do?"

I looked around to see what we can do, when I spotted a clown selling balloons. I smiled knowing one way to start our day off. I approached the man giving him twenty-five cents(yes, that's how much it cost).

"Which one do you want?" The clown asked.

"I would like the pink one please." I said.

"Here you go. Enjoy your day!" He said, handing me the balloon.

"Thanks. You too!" I said, going back to Melly, handing her the balloon. "Here you go. One pink balloon for you."

"Aww, thank you, baby. You shouldn't have." Melly said, kissing my lips.

"But I did. Come on, let's see what else they have in store." I said, putting my hands on her shoulder, walking her around the park.

Fifteen minutes and we were laughing and talking, carrying cotton candy in our hands. We lost some good hard-earned money on all the carnival games we've played so far. Luckily, the carnival games didn't cost too much, but we did lose something that could be used towards Junior's college fund to something stupid.