Chapter 10- Telling Our Friends Saturday, June 7, 2014

Melly and I were hanging out with the rest of Black Pliers members for a game night. For the past few years, after band practice, we would do something entertaining to fulfil the couple of hours. Melly and I agreed to announce that she's expecting the next time we were hanging out with our friends. Now it's all the matter of timing.

Currently, we're playing charades and Amy was up trying to make us guess what is on her mind. So far we know that it involves a television and something square.

"Spongebob Squarepants!" Jack shouted to which Amy nodded her head. We clapped as Jack went up as the new player of the game of charades.

After several minutes of guessing, Melly finally spoke up and said, "Rocking out!"

We clapped as Jack and Melly traded places.

"Let's play a new game." Melly said, causing a stir with the rest of the group.

"Let's play hang man." Answering their questions in their heads.

"Okay?" Mike said, questionably, not knowing where this is going.

Melly drew a stand and drew at least thirteen lines with an apostrophe and three spaces between them on the board that is Mike's garage. She turns back to us, waiting for one of us to say something.

"Um....A?" Mike said, to which Melly fill the suggested letter in three lines.

"Okay, anyone has another letter to but in?"

"I!" Amy said.

Melly filled in the letter in two lines. After ten minutes of guessing, the board read: I'm having a baby.

I looked behind me to see my friends' reactions. All are shocked. Pretty much everyone's reaction to the news, so far.

"Oh my gosh, they had sex." Amy whispered.

"You guys owe me ten bucks." Mike said.

"What?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"N-nothing." The base player stuttered.

"He made a bet that you guys would do it before graduation." Amy said.

"Dude!" Mike protested, but sighed, "Basically, we knew that it was bound to happen, but we never thought that you would end up pregnant."

I am appalled that my friends would a make bet on our private lives. I knew someone in our grade, probably made a bet against Melly and I, but I didn't think it would be our friends. I sighed in my head. I should have seen this coming.

"How far along are you?" Amy asked, changing the subject. I'm not letting this go too long.