Chapter 32- Meeting Our Baby Friday, December 19, 2014

Melly moved more to her left and looked at me. I took the hint, removed my dress shoes, and sat right next to her as the nurse approached us with the baby in her arms, who is wailing for his mother. I took a sharp breath as Melly took the baby from her arms which caused him to instantly stop crying and moved closer to her body. I just stared at the small child in awed, not believing that I made such a beautiful person. Melly and I made him with our love. I knew losing my virginity to Melly would change my life, but I didn't expect it to change this much. I never expected anything this big to come. I just want to cry and kiss him all over because of all the emotions that I have inside of me for this little creature.

"He's a very healthy baby. He has no problems so far and he weighs about seven and a half. It's an average weight of most newborns." The nurse informed.

"Hello scrumptious! Welcome to this world." Melly said to our son. I can tell that she fell in love with him and it hasn't even a minute that she hold him. I can't blame her as I fell in love with him too. "It's so nice to finally meet you. And on my birthday. Well, our birthday now. It's fine. I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with someone as adorable as you. You're the greatest gift I can ever have."

I just stayed quiet. I didn't know what to say. Even if I did, it would probably be stupid. I felt a wee bit uncomfortable with the fact that my seventeen year old girlfriend, now fiance, is holding the baby that she has been carrying for nine months. Words cannot describe how I feel right now, all I know that every minute of this is leaving me breathless. I want to touch him, but I'm afraid if I do that he would break. I'm afraid that this may all be a dream that I don't want to get out of.

Thank God for Melly as she continues to speak to the nameless boy, "I'm your mommy. I may not be the perfect mother, heck, I don't know what I'm doing, but I will try to be the best mother that I can be. I promise everything will eventually work out for all of us. It already is, but it could always be better. And I also promise that no matter what happens, I will love you forever and always."

She laid a kiss on the baby's forehead, who just squirmed in her arms. His tiny, pale hands grasped his mother's finger, making giggles fall out of her lips. He seemed to enjoy to be able move her finger around, before he let out a big yawn.

"Oh, oh, ohh." She said. He squirms around to be comfortable and snuggles closer to her. I grin as she laid another kissed his forehead. "I love you." I heard her whispered. She looks me and asked the inevitable question, "Wanna hold him?"

"Um, I don't know. He seems really comfortable with you. I don't want to make him upset by moving him away from you." I said, hesitating. I don't want to make him cry. I only held Mia a few times, and while she was okay with me holding her, I'm not so sure about my son.

"He'll be fine. You're his dad. He will love you." She assured me with a warm smile that I bet not even a hurricane brewing up in the middle of nowhere can take away.

I felt my stomach fall at the word 'dad'. This is all surreal to me. I cannot believe that I am a father to a newborn child at seventeen it's crazy. I simply cannot. It's hard to process that in my mind. I thought it over, before I finally made my decision.

"Okay, but only because I really want to know him." I said. I took another sharp breath as Melly handed the baby to me. Seeing him up close I can see that he looks a lot like me. Of course, he has a lot of Mel's facial structure, but it's like looking at a mirror when I see him. "Hey, sport."

The baby isn't crying right now, so far so good.

"Talk to him, you're really good at it." She told me.

I glanced at her, before returning my attention to my baby. I want to say something, but I don't know what. Thankfully, I didn't have to say anything yet since the nurse cleared our throats to capture our attention. How long was she standing there?