Chapter 25- I'm Here Sunday, September 14, 2014

I heard beeping noise and a female hysterically crying as I looked at a blank white wall in front of me. It took me a minute to realize that I'm in a hospital. Panicked, I gasped and turned around to the horrific scene in front me. My body was covered in wires to all these different machines and a breathing mask as Melly weeps over my unconscious self.

What happened? I remember that I was trying to look for Melly and then the next thing I know, I was shot in my stomach and I was out like a light.

So what the hell is this? Am I a ghost now? Well, I don't think I'm dead yet since the heart monitor continues to beep at a steady beat and I can see my chest rising and falling. Am I dreaming? I pinched myself to check, and nope, somehow this is legit. This reminds me of this boring movie that Melly dragged me to earlier this summer. It was about this family who got into a car crash. Everyone died, except for the girl, who spends the entire movie trying to decide if she should go to heaven with her family or stay here on earth with her boyfriend. In my opinion, the movie was stupid, but Melly liked it. I forgot what it was called? The Faults In Our Stars? No. The movie had a better plot than that. Lucy? No, the plot was just confusing as fuck. Sex Tape? No, that movie was funny and I dragged Melly to see that one. The only other movie title I had in my mind is If I Stay. If I Stay? Yes! If I Stay!

But my life isn't like that girl in that movie. I have a lot more reasons to be on earth than heaven. Everyone I love needs me here as I need them. It would be terrible if I die. Problem is, I don't know what this is or how to get out of it. Seeing my body the way it is now, I can tell that I'm in one hell of a fight.

Melly's sniffs snapped me out of my thoughts. I walked over to her, running my hand through her thick, tangled, dark brown hair, even though she probably can't feel me right now as she weeps over my body. Anyone could tell how distressed she is. This isn't good for her or the baby.

"I'm sorry." Melly whispered between sobs. "I'm sorry that I've been a bad girlfriend. All of my drama was put onto you and it dragged you here. I almost got you killed. For that I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

I frowned at her comment. Despite what's been happening, Melly is the best girlfriend that I've ever had. I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for her, and for that I'm thankful. She made me happy in so many ways, it's unbelievable. No one can replace her. Sure, she was being a mean person for a while, but it seems like she really learned her lesson the hard way. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. No one can take it back, all we need to do is forgive and move forward. It may not be as simple for most people, but for me I feel like that's enough to have a happy and peaceful life. I just wish she didn't push herself down the way she is, but something tells me that she will be like this for a while. Even when I wake up, because that's just her nature.

I spotted my mom and brother coming into the room with a nurse trailing behind him. My mother looked at me in horror, then moved her eyes towards Melly. "What happened?" She questioned in shock.

"Mom..." Melly said, looking up at her in surprise. "I'm so sorry. I got Derek into something he shouldn't have been in."

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?" John asked, sitting besides her, rubbing her back in circle. She leaned into his shoulder, crying more into it.

"Derek and I had a fight. He drove off without me and came only to see me near this horrific man with a gun." She said, crying harder than before. "He fought him, but he got shot and now he's...oh my gosh."

John shushed her as he continued to rub her back. "It's okay. He's going to make it."

"He's right." The nurse spoke up. "Derek is very lucky. We removed the bullet, which missed some major arteries. If it were to hit them, he would've been dead right now. But he's not, so relax, Ms. Martinez."