Chapter 42- Two Idiots and A Baby Saturday,

It's been two weeks since Melly's breakdown and ever since I sent her to therapy, I have seen a tremendous progress on her emotions. We have been getting help around here to take care of Danny and how to help him sleep through the rest of the night, which was a great help to have Melly snooze through the evening again. She seems full of life and happier than ever, but she still never got a break from being a mother, student, and a worker. I thought that I can help with that by arranging a girls night out with Amy, who we don't see often outside of school. I love Melly. She has been doing a really great job by just staying strong and taking care of Danny these past couple of months that I just want to give her something that remind her that she's still young and that the fun never stops.

It's a Saturday night and slightly chilly in California. I was in the living room flipping through channels on TV when the doorbell rang, signaling that the blonde, rocker chick is here to take my fiance out for the evening. I opened the door, smiling at the young girl dressed in a lacy, purple dress, cotton black crop jacket, and black army boots as she stepped into the threshold that I share with Melly.

"Hey Derek." Amy said, hugging me. Her short, blonde curls flying around her head as she looked back and forth in search for my girl. "Where is she?"

"She's coming." I said, "Melly!"

"In a minute." The said girl responded.

Soon Melly appeared in a hallway dressed in a big, purple, long-sleeved shirt and mom jeans her hair wrapped up in a ponytail with Danny in her arms. Totally not ready to go out for the night with her best girl friend. But why should she? She didn't know about this girls night out until now. She rubbed an eye with a hand, before looking up at us with a smile spread across her heart-shaped face.

"Hey, what's up?" She chirped, rocking the baby back and forth.

"We're going out. Get your coat." Amy simply said.

"What? I'm not going out. I need to stay home and take care of him." Melly laughed as if it wasn't even a choice. Well, she's right; she doesn't have a choice to opt out of this.

"Don't worry about him. You need to go out and have some fun. Like every teenage girl should. Remember what that was like?" Amy mocked in a friendly manner, trying to bring my girl out of her motherhood mentality.

"Of course, I do. But those days are over. Things have changed and now I have a baby to take care of." Melly retorted, looking at our band's pianist as if she were crazy.

I knew she will be stubborn about this whole thing, but as I said, she's not getting out of this. I will let Amy drag her out of here by force if she has to. Melly deserved to be happy and have a wonderful time out with her friend. I am very worried about her. Sure, she's in therapy and she does look more vibrant in life than she was in the past couple of months, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any chance that she will break down again. All of this pressure will drive her to the edge again and that is the one thing that I want to drive her away from. Hopefully, tonight will refresh her and ease her mind again.

"Seriously, we all think it is precious that you love your son as much as you do, but we're worried about how obsessed you are with him. You're attached to him twenty four-seven. Even when you're not at home, most of your conversations revolves around him. Honestly, we're all annoyed by it by now. So a way you could be less annoying is if you come with me and let me show you how a life as a teenager after pregnancy. Besides Danny has a father and an uncle. I'm pretty sure they can take care of him for the evening." Amy bluntly stated.

"But John isn't here." Melly said, narrowing her eyes at Amy.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang again, meaning that John is in fact here to spend the evening with us. Opened the door to let my brother in.