Chapter 9- Parker Family Fun Day Monday, May 26, 2014

Every year on Memorial Day, my family and I would go to Walla, Washington, meet the other family members, and we have fun all day. There are a lot of games, foods, drinks, and just most importantly a lot of fun. At night, we make s'mores and then we sleep in our tents until the sun rises. Everyone would show up, but my biological father and nobody knows why. But we all have fun without him anyway.

I usually would have to leave Melly behind in California, which leads me to a depression because it's no fun being anywhere without my partner in crime. I try to have fun, but there wouldn't be a ping in my heart without my Melly around. But this year is different, because since she is carrying my son or daughter, she is considered as a Parker which means she gets to come with us. I know, I know. Let's fangirl together, y'all. Thankfully, she knows almost all the members of family just like I know most of the members with hers, so I don't have to introduce her to everyone.

Right now, Melly is fast asleep on my shoulder while I'm watching Games of Throne on my iPad mini as we drove in our family's van to our destination. I've been noticing that this pregnancy has been really wearing her out. I'm not complaining, she needs all the rest she can get especially for this weekend, I just wish she was awake so we can do something fun together.

"Mommy, are we there yet?" Mia asked for the hundredth time. I know she's only three, but come on. Why can't she be like other kids that falls asleep during a car trip?

I should explain where and when Liam and his daughter came in the picture.

It has been eleven years since my father walked out of my life for another woman. It has left both me and my brother heartbroken since we were supposed to hang out with him the day he left. Luckily, I had Melly there to comfort me or else, I would have been a complete mess.

On Liam side of the story, he just had a child. One day, his wife was coming home from the grocery store when a truck hit her on the left side of the car, killing her in the process. He had a really hard time recovering from his loss, which didn't help the newborn he had to take care of. He didn't even want to get out of the house until his friends basically begged him to. That's when he started working at this restaurant called, The Vinci. They didn't pay him enough, but in his mind, he any amount of money will do to maintain his daughter.

One day, my mother decided to go to The Vinci during her lunchbreak. She was waited by Liam, who seemed to grew fond of her friendliness. It wasn't love at first sight, but she kept going back to that restaurant ever since. One night, after seeing her for a month or two, once everyone was out of the food place, Liam made dinner for mom. They ate and drank as they got to know each other better. They ending the night with a small dance. Two weeks later, mom announced that she is seeing a new person. After she gave us the information, I went to Liam's house to make sure that he doesn't hurt mom or anything. I wanted him to know that I was the man of the house and if he doesn't treat my mother right, he's going to pay. So after a year and a quarter of dating, mom broke the news that they were going to get married. To this day, I'm still in shock, but they got their children's blessing and now we're here.

"No sweetie. It's going to take us another hour." Mom said.

I looked at my watch and groaned, putting my head on top of Melly's. We've on the road since five in the morning and now it's four in the afternoon. I just want some freedom for just a bit. I sighed as I buried my face in Melly's hair and began to drift into darkness.