Chapter 14- Boy or Girl? Sunday, June 13, 2014

"Do we want to know what it is?" I asked Melly as I drove us to the OB/GYN.

Today is our third appointment at Dr. Adam's office. From the last appointment, we are more than grateful that things are going well between Melly and the baby. We have finally reached the end of the third trimester and we get to find out the gender of the baby today. That is, if the mother wants to know, of course. I want to know, but it's up to Mel.

"I'm not sure. I want to know so I know how I can spoil this baby or if I want to surprise. I'm just excited to see the baby again, that's for sure." Melly said, looking at the window with a brightening smile on her face. It's great to see her happy after all she's been through these past few months. She definitely deserves to be happy as she can be.

"Well, you better choose today, girl, because today's the day where we can know what we're having or not." I said.

"I know, I know!" Melly said. Finally giving with the war inside her head. "Well, what do you want?"

"I prefer to know, however I am fine with whatever you want to do." I said as I take a right to the medical parking lot. It's not like I have the need to know, I'm perfectly fine if we find out during birth. I just think it would be helpful to know the gender of the baby, so we know how to shop for him or her.

"I mean if that's your choice, then we'll find out." Melly said.

"Honestly, I don't care either way, so we can just save it for birth, if you want to." I said.

"I promise I'll tell you once we're in there." Melly said.

I mean she's been saying the same thing for the past few weeks. Oh, I'll tell you next week. I'll tell you the week of the appointment. Oh, I'll tell you that day, blah, blah, blah. I know she's busy and everything, but no one is busy enough to not give a simple answer to that. But I do trust her to make a good decision. Kind of.

I parked in the medical parking lot I linked arms with Melly once we got out of the car, happily entering the building. Once we were inside the gynecologist room, we waited in the living room for about fifteen minutes, before they called us into the same room that we were in the first day we came here. After doctors and nurses did their routine to make sure that the pregnancy is okay, they left us with Nurse Adele to do the ultrasound, as she has done so the previous visits.

"There's your baby." Nurse Adele said, looking at the black and white image on the screen. It's a lot bigger than the last time we saw it.

Melly smiled as she touched the screen as if she can touch the baby from there. To her, it's as close as she get until December comes.

"Hey baby." She whispered to the screen. I softly smiled at the mother and child scene in front of me. She's so freakin' adorable.

"Would you like to know the gender of the baby?" The nurse asked, kindly. We are so blessed to be stuck in a office full of nurses and doctors that are kind their patients. Any smart person would know how stressful a pregnancy could be, so it's just really nice to have these staff to be so peaceful with us.

Melly continued to stare at the screen as she moved her mouth, "You know what," She finally peeled her eyes off the screen and to me. I shrugged as she turned her head towards the African American nurse. "No thank you. I would like to keep it a surprise."

Well, I knew that was going to be her answer. I just didn't want to be in the way of it. Besides, she's the mother; she has the say if she wants to know the tiny figure in her body. Of course, I'm the father and without me, we wouldn't be here, but you know what I mean.

After Nurse Adele cleaned the goo off of Melly and we schedule our next appointment up front, we went to the car to head home.

"Are you sure you want to keep it a surprise?" I asked. I don't want her to regret this.

"I'm positive. Besides, if I wanted to know, I can always know next time. But I am positive when I say I want to wait until birth." Melly said, looking at the window.

"So how are we going to prepare for when the baby comes?" I asked.

"Don't worry, baby. I got a plan." She said with a smile on her face. And for reason, that smile, is all the comfort I need.

A/N: Sorry that it short and sucked. I needed this chapter out of the way. But I promise, next chapter will be awesome. Well, I can't promise that, but I just hope you'll like it.

Thank you all for reading my story. Remember to share it with your friends. I'm not asking this to be the most popular story on Wattpad, but give it a good read and vote. Please. Thank you all and have a nice day. Bye! :)