Chapter 17- A Date Saturday, August 16, 2014

After a long week of work, it's finally Saturday night and I'm ready to spend the rest of the evening with the girl that I love the most.

I planned a huge date with her in the woods, that's surrounding our hill. The trees are littered with fireflies as a picnic is set up with a blanket, a basket, and a boom box from my mom's younger days. There's a truck, that I borrowed from Jack, filled with water in the truck, so it'd look like a mini swimming pool. I made the scenario perfect for the both of us, that Melly literally had to be crazy to not like it.

Right now, I'm just flipping channels as I wait for Melly to get home from work. I shut off the TV once I heard the door jingle. I opened the door just as the knob turned.

"Hey Melly," I said, seeing her raised an eyebrow at me in confusion. "Turn around and follow me to the car. We're going somewhere. And I won't say anything, so don't bother asking question."

I patted her back as I walked past her. I look back at her and bit my tongue to hold back my laughter at how confused she looked. "Don't over think it, babe. Just come."

She blinks in confusion, but luckily comes along with me to my car. We climbed in and put our seat belts on.

She looks at me and said, "Derek?"

"This is just all so strange. Do you want me to change or something?" Melly asked.

"Nope. I don't." I said, looking up and down her black collared shirt and khakis pants. I went to great length to pull this off, I just want her to happy. Her cooperation with would mean a huge deal to me. "Please just trust me."

She must've seen the pleading look in my eyes, because she gave a defeated sigh and said, "Fine."

I kissed her lips as she put the blindfold on. "Thank you! I promise you this is going to be legend...wait for it...dary!"

Melly laughed and said, "Alright Barney Stinson. Whatever you say."

I laughed along as we drove to the place only I know. As I drove, I couldn't help but comment, "You look pretty sexy with that blindfold on. Pretty tempting to go pull over to the side and do dirty things with you."

"Derek!" She scolded me, swatting my arm, laughing. She shook her hand as she continues to laugh at my comment.

"What? You don't believe? You think I won't do it?" I said. I took one look at her and then back on the road. "Are you calling me liar?"

"I ain't calling you a truther!" Melly said, finishing the line of one of our favorite childhood show. "So now you're in a good mood..."

"Nice try." I said, knowing where she's going with that.

Melly sighed and turned her blindfold face to the windows. The car kept quiet as we neared Our Hill. I told her to hold on as I got out the door and walked to the other side to help her out.

"Easy, easy." I advise as she stepped out. "Now don't let go of my hand."

Even with her blindfolds on I can tell that she's rolling her eyes. She nodded her head and did as she was told. I whispered careful in her ear as walked past Our Hill and onto the forest. I pulled the loose string of the blindfold before I walked in front of her as the black fabric fell to the ground. She gasped at the scenery. There was a fire going on in the middle of the open space making the view possible.

Melly walked around the forest, taking everything in and looked at me, "Derek..."

"Shh, don't say anything, baby. Just enjoy the time we'll have together." I said, putting my arms around her waist our heads turning all around the forest. I put my hand on her belly, feeling my heart flip as the baby kicked. I kissed below her earlobes."I love you."