Chapter 8- A Surprise Sunday, May 25, 2014

I entered my house with two luggage in my hand. My mother looked at me in alarm.

"They seriously kicked her out?" She asked in pure shock.

As unfortunate as it is, I nodded my head 'yes' at her. It was a shock to me too. They're really nice people and I thought they would help us out with our situation. But by the time Melly utter the 'p-word', they suddenly turned their backs unless she decided to kick me out of her life. It's an unfair situation that I would never put my child in. Here's how it all went:

{_}

"Let's go." She said, through clenched teeth as she dragged me up the stairs. I swear I could see fumes coming out of her nostrils.

Whoa, chica! I pulled my hand out of her grip and jumped in front of to block her path. I put my hands on her shoulder to move to the side.

"What?" She asked, calmly with a hint of anger in her voice. I am just as ticked as her, but someone has to be the reasonable one. I am grateful that she choose me over my parents, but I want her to actually think about it. Once we get out here, she can never return. I don't want her to regret anything. I would hate to see her depressed over the decision that she has made.

"Just about think about this, alright? Do you really want to do this? I mean I really hate how they made things complicated for you, but are you sure you're making the right decision here?" I said, looking at her beautiful, dark chocolate eyes. "You've heard them, if you choose me, you cannot see your parents EVER again."

"Well, if they're going to be jerks, then yeah. I'm sure. I'm not going to be with two people who will just drive me and my baby insane. I hoped that they would be supportive when I came out to them, but if this is how things are going to be..then..." Melly said.

I pulled her close to my body. She needs all the love that she can get right now.

"Hey, it's going to be okay, Mel." I said, kissing her forehead. Sometimes, anyone ever needs is a bit of reassurance. "I'm sorry."

"Save it." Melly cut me off. "You didn't do anything wrong. You have parents that will help us out and I'm fine with that. Besides it's not like I ever actually lived here in the first place."

She gave me a sad smile as she said the last line.

Now that I actually think about it, she's telling the truth. Most of our sleepovers has been done at my place, because Melly wants to get away from her parents. They can be a little too strict with her and she needs some place to escape for the evening. Or sometimes, they would be at work a little too late and she would come to me and my family for company. Five years ago, I thought she would be sleeping for a night or two. But nights turned into weeks and weeks turned into years, and she's still sleeping in my bed. I'm not complaining, I love having Melly in my arms during the night, but now that I realized how depressed she has been for years.... It strikes me to the core on how much I didn't see the picture clearly all this time.