Chapter 6- Telling My Parents Sunday, May 25, 2014

"Can we please stop by a dollar store first?" Melly said. "I need something."

I nodded my head as I changed directions to her designated location. Without telling me, I know what she wanted. To buy something presentable to show our parents the sonogram with. While I do believe she has every right to spend her money to store our baby's pictures in a nice place whether it's a photo album or a picture frame, I don't want her to make a mistake in wasting her money on something that may or may not end well.

I parked in a parking spot near the dollar store's entrance, however I didn't unlock the door. I wanted to talk some senses into her before she does something that she may regret.

"Melly, I need you to think rationally before go off spending your money." I said. I watched her as she just stares out her window. "Do you really think this is a good idea? They're going to be upset with us no matter what."

"I know." She said, without turning her head away from the window. "But still like to make it nice, You know? Give them something to remember."

"Oh, they'll remember it alright." I mumbled.

"Oh, you know what I mean." Melina said, finally looking at me.

I sighed, knowing that she's not going to change her mind. She can be stubborn like that sometimes. It's one of her flaws, but I still love it anyway. I love her and every inch of her.

"Okay, Mel. You want me to go with you?" I asked.

"If you want." She said, looking up at me with her big, brown eyes with an adorable smile to go with it.

I smiled as I unlocked the door. We stepped outside and walked towards the dollar store. I ran after her to hold her hand. She looked up at me and smiled as we entered the cheap, but very useful store.

"Ah, where to go? Baby or craft aisle?" Melly asked,

"Why don't we go to the craft aisle, first? If we don't find anything, we can go to the baby aisle." I said.

Geez, an ultrasound, we're telling our parents about the kid, and we're probably going to the baby aisle in one day. I need a soda.

I walked behind her as she examined the items on the shelves. She picked up a small, yellow picture frame. Something that can fit the ultrasound very well.

"What do you think?" She asked, looking at me from the corner of her eyes and looking back at the picture frame examining very carefully.

"I like it. I think it's just small and simple. I don't think we need anything else than that." I said. Although I meant what I said, I honestly just wanted to get out of here.

"Are you sure?" She asked, to be certain that this picture frame is okay.