Chapter 50- Graduation Day Monday, June 8, 2015

"Woo!" Melly hollered as they said my name.

I shook hands with the principal and the vice principal of the school as they handed me my diploma. I cheered at my family as they applauded and took pictures of me. I smiled as I sat back next to Melly, taking her hand in mine.

"We did it." I whispered as people were still getting their diplomas. "We made it. Together."

"Yeah. But it's only legit with us, if and only if.." She said, pulling her hand away from mine, so that we may do our secret handshake.

Slap each other's palms sideways, back of our hands, and fist-bump. We laughed as held each other's hand in happiness. Melly sneaked in a kiss before facing forward with only one of her hand holding on to mine. I sighed as I watched someone else get their high school achievement, before looking at the people around me, seeing that no one was looking at me from the back.

"How different would graduation be if we didn't have a child?" I asked, seeing her perspective.

"Very. Graduation wouldn't be as worth it. It would be more for ourselves and our future than anyone else's. But I'm glad he's here. He makes this ceremony more meaningful." She said.

I put a hand on her knee to get her to stop shaking. "Don't be so nervous."

"I'm not." She fibbed.

"You are. I can tell you're nervous about everything after tonight. But everything will work out fine, if God wants it." I reassured her to calm her nerves.

"Yeah." She replied.

I looked away as I felt the awkwardness of the comment fill the silence between us. I am honestly trying my best to help my family go into a different situation, but it's not as easy as people thinks. But I look at Melly's face as she goes off into a daze of her own world.

"I promise to get a job again, so that we can have enough money to get out of that damn guest house, Melly. I promise." I thought.

As if she read my thought, she turned around and smiled at me. She planted my lips on hers.

"You know, I think he heard us last." She said, nodding her head to Danny.

"Who didn't? You're quite a screamer." I smirk. "I'm planning to buy a soundproof house, so that when Danny and the rest of the kids go to sleep, we can make all of the noises we want."

"And the rest of the kids?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. "You plan to have more?"

"Yeah, why not? Our jobs aren't the easiests, but it is still fun." I said, smiling. I definitely can see more children running in our house in the future. I looked at her to see she had a terrified look on her face, clearly freaking out over the fact that I want more children. I laughed and squeezed her hands. "Don't worry. We won't have more until we're older."

She shook her head. "I was about to say..."

I laughed harder at that, sweeping my side bangs under my blue cap. I wrapped my arms around her small body.

"You know I love you, right, baby?" I whispered in her ears. I kissed the lobe and nipped it causing her to moan. She nodded her head. "Good." I kissed her head before releasing her.

Melly laughed as she straightened her hat out. At the moment, the teacher is going off about the pieces of paper that we wrote what we want for our future in our capsule in freshman year. I regret not writing anything interesting down as I was pretty happy with what I had at the moment. I probably wrote the lamest thing in the world such as 'all I want is good grades and go to a successful college'. I scoffed at myself and rolled my eyes. Clearly, I had really high expectations for myself. I was just an average kid, not knowing what life was going to bring until the night of that spring dance last year where Melly and I finally loosened up for the first time. That's the one night that I will never forget. That night gave me a gift that I would never want to return; a child of my own. Because even though I'm too young and I should be packing for college at moment, college doesn't have anything at observing Danny smile as he explores the wondrous world around him. I love him with all of my heart, I really do.