Chapter 38- Back At School Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas is as over as 2014. People are coming back home from wherever they went to this holiday season and kids are returning to school. For a lot of the kids, it's drag to go back to a place where the kids treats like you're unwanted and the administrators treat you like a prisoner. For others, it feels like a brand new start. Melly is one of those people.

She went all out into going back to school with her head high after the holiday season. She's wearing her brand new baby blue dress that reaches up to her knees, hugging all of her sexy curves on her body that my mom got her for Christmas. A cotton, white scarf hangs around her neck to add a winter, fashion accessory into her outfit. She stepped into her famous, black ballet flats implying that all though she wants to look beautiful as fuck today, she still chooses to be comfortable. Her recently cut to shoulder-length hair was slightly curled at the end and her face is full of makeup to hide her distress to the world.

I'm just dressed in my regular t-shirt and jeans. To me, it's just another day in hell, to her it's to prove to everyone that just because she gave birth, doesn't mean that she'll let anything in the way of doing what she needs to do. I support her decision, however she needs to calm down. I doubt anyone outside our group will notice or care about the point that she's trying to make, but whatever floats her boat. As long as she's happy that's all that matters to me.

"You know you don't have to do this. I'm pretty sure that taking care of yourself and getting some rest is more important than being at school with the rest of us." I said, looking at her through the mirror as she applies another coat of pink lip gloss, making her lips smooth and shiny for the day.

"Yes, I do. I've got to prove to these teachers that I'm not weak. That I'm a hardworking student, who just happens to have another person to take care of." Melly said, turning to look at me.

"I mean don't take this the wrong way, but you're an average student. You're not the best, but you're not the worst. I don't think our teachers would care." I pointed out.

"Do you remember how some of them responded they heard about my pregnancy? Trust me, they do." Melly said, grabbing her brown bookbag from the floor.

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." I admitted.

"I know, and I really appreciate. But you need to realize that I'm a big girl and I need to learn to fend for myself. The prince protect his princess from every wound in the world forever. She needs to get wounded, so she can be stronger." Melly said.

She walked up to me to leave a kiss on my cheek. I parted my legs, letting her walk into them as I held her hand, rubbing my thumbs over her knuckles like I always do. I stared up at does dark chocolate eyes, full of kindness that's enough to comfort me. I planted my lips on her knuckles and rubbed it.

"Okay, if you say so. We better get going, before we're late." I said, giving my girl a small smile.

I got up and retrieved my backpack from the floor. I took her hand, before we walked out of our room.

As we stepped outside of our bedchamber, Melly said with a frown, "Boo, now I remember why I hate Mondays again."

I just chuckled and shook my head at her. The girl just convinced me to let her go to school, now that I am, she suddenly remembers why she hates Mondays like the rest of us?

"You're too much, sometimes." I just say.

I kissed her lips to reassure that I'm fine with that. The door knocked, signaling that mom is here to look after Danny while we're gone. We're too poor to afford a daycare at the moment and my mom works at home, so she offered to take care of our son for free. I let go of Melly, so she can get the infant out of his room as I went over to let mom in.