Chapter 23- Our First Fight Saturday, September 13, 2014

Warning: Drama and a bit of abuse from a certain female character. I'm not trying to glamorize anything.

It's been almost two weeks since school has started and Melly is still acting like a total bitch. She mainly goes after the popular kids, who doesn't even try to mess with her, but she would snap anyone who gives her a judgmental look, it's crazy. I thought it would be just a day or it's just a mood swing, but no; Melly's the bully now.

I don't know what happened. I mean yes, I understand that she's been bullied practically her whole life by Blake and then Brittany, but that's not a way to go. She knows that very well. But it seems like she's changed right after the popular kids trashed my car, that I'm trying my best to repair right now. She was most likely thinking, "screw it. Those guys are never nice to me, but they went too far this time, so I'm going to make them have a taste of their medicine." I mean I get where she's coming from, but no. This is just make everything worse for her and others around her. We have a baby on the way, for crying out loud! She should be focusing on the baby and try her best to become a very good mother, and I still believe in her, but I'm afraid she's too far off her own butt to even care right now. I want my baby girl back. The one who's nice to everyone, laid back, and doesn't care about what people think. I miss her. So does everyone else.

I'm walking back to my car after a movie date with Melly. We've watched Dolphin Tales Two. But all Melly could do was complain about the movie, how the directors or producers didn't get the movie right as if she could do better. She practically has no sense of respect right now.

"And it's just the fact that the editing was just terrible.." Melly continued as we approached my car.

"Okay, enough! I'm tired of you bitching." I yelled, not being able to take this drama queen anymore. It's either I get my sweet Melly back or I'm out. Hopefully, she'll listen to me.

"Excuse you? But who are you to.." She asked, glaring at me for interrupting her.

"You know who I am? I'm your boyfriend. I've been your boyfriend for almost seventeen for fuck sake. I'm also your baby's father. You know the same person who laid with you six months ago?" I said, hoping she remembers who I am and then remembers where she stands in this world. I'm not putting up with this spoiled brat anymore.

"Okay? I know that. But what I mean to ask, what's your fucking problem?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"My problem? What's your problem? You've been like a total jerk to everyone for almost two weeks straight. You've been acting like nothing but an unapologetic asshole to everyone around you." I yelled, stating the facts.

"I have not been acting like an unapologetic asshole, asshole. I've just been defending myself from bastards at school." She defended, scoffing as she looked away from my face.

"Oh really?" I asked, looking shocked as she nodded at me. "Is that what you call it now? Is that what you call it when you make a middle-aged woman cry, who's been nothing but kind to you? You know the same woman who took you in when your parents kicked you out for carrying an infant? Is that what you call it when you make us late band practice and then use racists slurs when the boy who let you enter roof scolded us for it? Or do you just believe you're innocent angel, since you've been yelling at me for almost everything?"

I see the guilt flash in her eyes, but it went away. "I've just-I've just.." She stuttered, but I cut her off too heated in the moment.

"You've just what? Realized how much of monster you've been acting lately? Because you've that's how you've been acting like." I continued to fire off. I feel her palm come in contact with my face. Hard. I screamed in pain, reaching my hand to my throbbing cheek.

"Fuck you! You don't know what I've been through!" She cried.

Don't know what she's been through? Don't know she's been through? I grew up with her with my foot by her tail for sixteen years! You'd think I know her a lot more than I should by now. But I shook my head, not willing to tolerate this anymore. At least not for tonight.

"You know what? Forget about it. I'll see you at home." I said. I got inside my car, locked the doors so she wouldn't get in. Normally, I wouldn't do this. I would wait until Melly gets inside the car before taking off. But she's not normal these days and I shouldn't condoning this behavior. I looked back at her to see the desperate look on her face. I feel my heartache, before I felt the stinging sensation on my face burn again. That was enough tear my eyes off of her and I drove off.

Don't hate Melly too much yet. There's more.