Chapter 47- Mother's Day Sunday May 10 2015

I woke up Danny early morning so that he can keep me company as I make breakfast for my soon-to-be wife. I fed him and changed him, so that he may be comfortable for when his mother wakes up. I'm making heart-shaped, chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and hashbrowns on side with a fresh squeeze of orange juice; all of the things that Melly loves to eat in the morning.

Since it's Melly's first official mother's day, I have gotten crafty at my material and made a photo album full of pictures of the family from the past four months that we've spent together. Even the pictures from when she was pregnant with Danny. All of them are full of joyous memories that we would like to keep forever. I've also set up a reservation for us to go to Olive Garden this afternoon for lunch. All of this, so that she can feel appreciated for the tough job that the universe put her through. She's such an excellent mother; she deserves it.

I put the plates of food on a little tray. I lightly brushed a red rose over Danny's nose, before letting him grab the flower and putting him over my shoulder as I grabbed the tray and headed into my bedroom. When I got there, I saw that Melly was still asleep under the cover. I put the tray on the floor, before walking over and setting Danny on his mother's chest. I stood back and tried to stifle a laugh just as the baby released his as if he had a devious plan in mind to wake her up. He leaned forward, his little fingers gripped the black blanket as he took it away, revealing her beautiful face. His grin widened as he moved his arms closer to his mother's face, patting it to wake her up.

Melly moaned as she shifted her figure under the blanket. She released another moan before opening her eyes, blinking the grogginess from her vision. She raised her arms to rubbed the tiredness from her eyes before facing forward to see our son still tapping her face.

"Hey, baby." She said, smiling at Danny. "What are you doing awake on this Sunday morning?"

She put her hands on his hips and raised him up in the air, before bringing his face down to her's, so that she could plant a kiss on his head. She gasped when she saw the rose in his hand.

"Oh my goodness, Danny, is that for me?" She said, grabbing the flower from his hand. "Thank you. You're the best son ever."

Melly kissed his forehead again, before her eyes met mine. She moved Danny out of the way as I settled her breakfast on the bed.

"Wow, you did all of this for me?" Melly said, sitting up straighter on the bed, bringing the tray closer to her.

"Just for you." I said, loving the fact that Danny and I helped stitched that smile on her face. She definitely feels appreciated in the environment that she's created. "Oh, here."

I gave her pink gift bag with a darker pink tissue inside of it.

"Oohh, let's see what's inside." Melly said, grabbing the bag, throwing the paper out of there as she searched for the present.

I heard her gasp, when she pulled the photo album out of the bag. She examined the confetti decorated, white cover before she flipped the book open to the first page to see the first ultrasound picture attached to it. I wrote the things that we are love about her under each picture.

"Your smile shines the room like no other."

"You are very kind and helpful to the people around you."

"Your voice makes the birds chirp."

Melly put her hand over her mouth once she reached the last page of the photo album as tears of happiness formed in her eyes. She put the book aside as she wrapped her arms around Danny, kissing him all over his face, causing him to laugh in happiness over the act of affection.

I smiled as I continued to watch Melly shower our son with hugs and kisses.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I heard her whisper to him.

I walked over to sit on the other side of bed with my family. Melly turned to face me, wrapping her slim arms tightly around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist, rubbing her back as she buried her face in the crook of my neck.

"I love you so much." She whispered in my ear, before kissing the lobe.

"I love you too, baby doll." I said, kissing her head and laying mine on top of it.

We stayed like that for a minute with us just being comfortable with each other's company. Melly pulled back to kiss my lips, before turning back around, placing a kiss on Danny's cheek. I leaned in to place a kiss on the other side of his face, before tickling him, sending him in a laughing fit. He laugh louder as Melly started to tickle him as well, kissing him all over the place.

We stayed like that for about ten minutes, before sat up on the bed. Melly pulled Danny on to her lap as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me. I kissed her head once again as she laid her head on my shoulder, simply enjoying the atmosphere of this sunny, Sunday morning.

Short chapter, I know. But I hope you like this cute update of the Parker-Martinez family spending the morning of Mother's Day together by enjoying a nice breakfast in bed. These couples are literally my life goals, but they're still not as perfect as they seem to be. What am I talking about? Well, you're going to have to stick around for the next update to figure that out. Until next time!

1 chapter down, 11 more to go,

Xoxo,
M.