Chapter 5- The First Ultrasound Friday, May 16, 2014

Melly and I are holding hands as we wait in the waiting room of the OB/GYN office for the nurse to come and get this appointment over with. I saw Melly shaking her legs in nervous, so I put my hand on her leg to make her off.

"Thanks." She whispers.

"You're welcome." I said.

I'm nervous just like her, but I chose to contain my feelings for her sake by having a normal conversation with her.

"Melina." An African-American with Hello Kitty scrubs said as she waits by the door for me and my girlfriend to come inside.

The nurse walked us into a room where she checked Melly's blood pressure, weight, height, and she got a few blood samples from her. She then led us to another room with a bed attached to a monitor. This is it. Our first ultrasound at sixteen.

I helped Melly climb on the bed as I sat beside her.

"Dr. Adams will be in just about ten minutes." The nurse said before she left this room with a smile.

Melly laid down on the bed as the nurse closed the door behind her.

"I'm scared." Melly croaked.

"Don't be, doll. Everything is going to be okay. Trust me, okay?' I said, rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand, before I planted a kiss on it. What did I exactly do to have a beautiful girl like her in my life?

"Alright." She said before kissing my lips. I heard a knock on the door, making us jump apart from each other. Well, that was faster than I have expected.

"Come in." Melly said, sitting up a little.

A male doctor that looks about to be in his thirties came in with his doctor uniform on. He has jet black hair and sapphire eyes.

"Hello, you must be Melina Martinez and her boyfriend, I assume?" He greeted us with a handshake.

"Yes I am." I said with a proud smile on my face. I shrugged as Melly ruffled my hair with her right hand with a huge smile on her face.

"Great. So you got this young lady pregnant?" He said, pointing at my girlfriend.

"Maybe." I answered with a wider smile at that question. I can see Melly biting her lips to contain from laughter as I glow with satisfaction at that statement. I really don't regret a single about any of this.

"Well then. I hope you take good care of her and the child. Or else." Doctor Adam said, firmly, making the last part sound scary.

"Yeah! Or else!" Melly said, nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry. I never planned to leave anytime soon." I said, crossing my arms over my bare chest.