Chapter 52- The Interview Monday, June 14, 2015

"Be careful out there." Melly told me, against our pressed lips.

We're standing in the middle of the airport, making out before my flight leaves for New York. Melly wasn't too thrilled with knowing that I'm going across the country for a day or two, but she understood that I need to do this for our future. We have spent a lot of time apart, especially nowadays since we have different schedule, but we're not too emotionally stable when we're apart the whole day. Since we are really close to each other, going a day without each other feels like a lifetime.

"I will. Take good care of him." I said, scratching our son's head.

"I will. Promise." She said, her scarlet red lips vibrant as she formed a smile.

I doubt her motherly skills for a second.

"Flight 69 from Sacramento to New York, leaving in ten minutes." The airport worker announced through her speakerphone.

"Alright." I said, kissing her lips one her time before kissing Danny's cheeks. "I gotta go. Bye. Love you all."

"Bye, Derek. Love you too!" She said, as I ran off towards the doors, hoping that if I'm fast enough that I can make it.

I climbed inside my assigned seat in aircraft, looked out the window, staring into Melly's eyes before the plane departed from the airport.

{_}

The plane landed in JFK seven hours later. I went to the baggage carousel to retrieve the one big luggage that I brought with me on this trip. The wheels rolled on the ground as I made it out of the airport and got a cab to take me to Sally's apartment.

"Thanks, man." I told the cab driver as I gave him money once we pulled up to her home.

"Just get out of here, you shithead. " He responded.

I frowned at the guy as I quickly got out the cab, grabbed my luggage from the trunk and approached my female cousin's door. I rang a doorbell, patiently waiting for her to buzz me in. She popped her head out the window to check to see who it is, before going back to shelter and buzzing the door.

"Derek! How are you?" She said, pulling me into her arms.

"Tired." I said. Sleeping on a plane is so not comfortable, I'm looking forward to meeting a bed at the moment.

"Haha, I figured that you might want to take a rest, since you're all jet lagged. The difference between Pacific and Eastern timezone can really screw you up." Sally said as she pulled back making me chuckle at her words.

I looked at the time on my watch. Whoa, 7:30 A.M. She's not kidding. It should 4 A.M. in California.

"Well, don't just stand there. It's sort of chilly now. Come inside, so I can get you to a room quick." She said.

I smiled and walked inside the apartment building, letting me walk all the way to the third floor of the building. We walked to the first door on our right, letting her jiggle the keys into the slot.

"I hope you know your interview is at one, so you better nap fast." She told me as she led me inside her small apartment.

The walls were white, with picture frames hung up all over the wall. There was a red velvet couch in front of the giant window in the living room with a couple seats, a coffee table, and a flat screen TV. The kitchen is to my right as well as a few doors which could be either a bedroom, a bathroom, or a closet. It's not the most expensive looking away, but it does seem like it's a comfortable place to live in with all the light decorations and candles everywhere, that I know are Tumblr inspired because Melly has shown them to me before.