Chapter 26- In The Hospital Monday, September 15, 2014

I smiled up at my girlfriend, who gasped once she saw my eyes open. "That was beautiful, baby." I croaked, my voice is probably weak from the coma.

Melly sighed in relief she carefully wrapped her arms around my neck. "Hi honey." I wrapped my arms around her back, careful not to go near my wound. She got off of me, "Yeah, the doctors recommends for you not to move. How are you feeling?"

"Better now that I can open my eyes." I said, coughing in the end.

"You've been conscious this whole time?" She questioned, to which I nodded to. "How much have you heard?"

"A lot, but I'm glad you've stuck by in the end. You're my friend, you know." I said. I reached up to stroke her cheek with my hand. She grabbed my wrist and leans her face into my touch, tears falling from her eyes. "Don't cry." I whispered.

"I'm sorry. I was just afraid of you dying, I'm so fucking happy that I get to see you live again." Melly said, through cracks of sobs. "I fucking love you, babe. I'm sorry for everything. Let's never fight again."

"It's okay. But I want you to know that you're not responsible for this. The only thing you're responsible for is just the fact that you were making me, but you know the reason why. But it has nothing to do with me being getting shot. And I cannot guarantee you that we might never fight again as you experience that we're not immune to that either, but what we can do is talk in a calm voice and listen to each other. Something we've failed to do there. But know this," I said, before proceeding with a smirk. "I fucking told you I'd catch a grenade for you."

Melly giggled with tears still evident in her eyes. "Guess you did."

I smiled until I saw Melly cry more. "Hey, hey, hey." I whispered, gently pulling her arm to lay down with her head in my chest. "It's okay." I said, stroking her hair.

"It's not okay. Don't you realize how you could've lost your life?" She said, hiccuping through her sobs. That's a new feature, but I'm sure that's not a good sign. But I took a moment to reflect upon her words. She's right, I am lucky to be alive. I'm blessed that God gave doctors to save me from dying so soon. I felt a ping in my heart as I thought about things I would miss out on if I weren't here such as seeing my baby being born, missing how difficult it would be to raise him/her for a few months, missing out on his/her first smile, first crawl, first walk, first day of preschool. I'll miss out on graduating high school, because instead of being there, sitting next to my partner in crime waiting to get my diploma, she would be talking about me in the next life. I would miss out on seeing her wake up and smile everyday. I would never have a chance to propose to her or meet her down the aisle. I would never have a chance to witness us growing old together.

By the time I snapped back into reality, I had tears falling out of eyes too. It finally reoccurred to me how life every second is so precious and it could have been taken away from me, if it wanted to. But thank God I'm here again. Thank the doctors for knowing what to do so I could be here to love my baby the way I do, probably more than ever before, again.

"You're suffocating me." I heard Melly muffled on my chest.

"Oh, sorry." I said, lighting up my arm's grip on her.

"It's okay." She mumbled, sniffing. I soothed her back, so she can stop crying, or at least lighten up on it, for her's and the baby's sake. I kissed her head hard before burying my entire face in her lemon-scented head.

"I fucking love you." I said.

"I fucking love you too." She said.

Suddenly, there was a knock on our door startling our moment. We looked up to see it was the nurse from before.

"Oh, I came to check up on you and see you're awake. Awesome." The nurse said, smiling. "And you're crying again. Should I get the tequila shot again?"

That pretty jumped Melly awake. She immediately got her head off of me, wiping her face of evidence that she was crying. "No, no. No crying here." She said, giggling and clearing her throat.

We all laughed, knowing she really doesn't want that shot again.

"Alright, well, I'll inform the doctors and your parents that you're awake." The nurse said, closing the door behind her.

Melly let out a deep breath and laid back down with her head resting on my chest again. I moved the cover on me over to her so she could feel warm. She let her leg move between my legs, the way it always does when we cuddle.

"I'm not going back to that state of mind again, no matter how peaceful it felt." She said. I just rubbed her back, watching her drift off to sleep. It didn't take long for me to drift off to sleep either.

{_}

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Twenty-five Weeks Pregnant

It was the next day. The doctor came in and informed me that they wanted to keep me for another night just to make sure everything is going okay. My family later came in with some clothes and food for me and Melly. They talked to us for about an hour before leaving for the night, leaving us to talk until our mouths were too tired to move.

The nurse came in, replaced my bandage on my torso with a new one, informing Melly how to take care of me once we got home. After she left, Melly helped me get into my clothes before helping me into my wheelchair so we can meet my mother downstairs to admit us out of the hospital. After that, we climbed into the car and went home.

AN: Sorry for the short chapter, but it is significant. I will try my best to make this new chapter as long as it can be.