Chapter 21- First Day Of School Monday September 1 2014

I walked up on a hardwood floor. I moved my eyes around to see to that I am in a unfamiliar hallway of an unfamiliar setting.

"What the fuck?" I thought.

I groaned as I woke and explored the place, to come to realize I'm upstairs of a two-story house with four bedrooms on one side and a bathroom in another. Seeing as I do not know the place, I decided to not to open any of them, just in case I see something that I don't want to see. So I turned the other way and headed down the stairs, but stopped once I spotted two people. It was a teenage boy and a man who seems to be in his mid-thirties sitting on a chair near a fireplace, looking through an old photo album. The man started to weep as he put his arm around the boy and hugged him very close to him.

"Losing her is going to be a bitch." He said through his sobs.

Her? Who's her? And why is he going to lose her?

I examined the sad man close. Auburn hair slicked back on his scalp. I saw his face. He's me. Just older. Her? Oh no. It can't be.

I jolted awake from my nightmare at the sound of my beeping alarm. I shut it off, sighing in relief once I saw the girl right next to me, opening and closing her eyes, not sure if she wants to wake up or not.

"It's just a dream, Derek. Nothing more, nothing less." I reassured myself.

I looked at Melly, tapping her shoulder so she could wake up. "Time to wake up. We have our first day of school today." I whispered in her ears.

She groaned in annoyance as pulled the blanket over her head. "I don't wanna go to bed."

"I know, I know. But guess what? We're seniors! That is totally something to celebrate about." I said, shaking her arm under the cover.

"Can't I take a raincheck and go tomorrow?" She groaned.

"No can do. And I won't let you. So get up and get dressed." I said.

"No." She muttered, rolling over to her left side, her back now facing me.

"We can do this the easy or the hard way." I said.

"So bite me!" She retorted.

"Is that an invitation or?" I smirked, causing to her groan in annoyance again.

"You're such a pervert, Derek Parker." She said, in a low voice.

"Thank you. So are you!" I said, laughing. "Come on, babe."

She didn't move, but I know she can still hear me. Fine, we can play that game.

"Fine, I'm going to take a long hot shower. By the time I get, there won't be any hot water left." I said.

I bit my lip to stop myself laughing as she immediately threw the blanket off. "You're not serious!" She said, not wanting to believe my words.

"You can join if you want though." I said, getting my towel from the hamper, heading to the door. Melly immediately got off the bed and followed me into the restroom. I locked the door and closed the shower curtain from behind her.

"I hate you." She said.

"You were the one that agreed to this." I said, leaning down and kissing her passionately.

{_}

I whistled as I made us chocolate pancakes as Melly stayed in the bathroom to fix her hair. There's a lot of time to feast on one of the most healthiest breakfast ever, so it's worth it.

My mind is running all over the place, but it stayed on the one thing that has been bothering me since this morning. My nightmare. Why was I crying? Who was that boy next to my older self? Is that my son? Am I just overthinking a dream that my mind most likely invented? I shook my head getting my mind over it.