Chapter 56- The Wedding Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I was standing at the altar with my best men at the side. I tried my best to heart rate, but how can I when one of the most exciting yet scariest that is going to happen to me is right around the corner? Everyone in the church were talking to each other, when I saw Amy scurried inside of the church in her long, off-the-shoulder, peach, Ancient Greek style dress to whisper something in the singer's ear. The singer nods her head and conducts her band to start playing, "Here Comes The Bride." The church's doors open wide with Danny walking down the aisle first with the ring pillows in his arm. I ruffled his black hair as he stood next to me. He quietly laughed, before he pointed at the door to pay attention. The flower girl came in littering ground with white roses, followed by the maid of honor and a few bridesmaids. Just behind all of them is most important person of all.

Dressed in a white, strapless dress with diamond stud surrounding the chest area along with silver heels and matching color jewelry was the bride herself with her perfectly manicure hands attached to my father's arm. Her face was cover with the long, white veil with floral design at the end of it. She looked as heavenly as an angel as she walked down the aisle, but something about her body language makes her appear as stiff as a zombie. As if she were uncomfortable with this whole thing. Hopefully, she isn't having thoughts about this.

I smiled at her once she walked to where I am and lifted up her veil. She didn't have quite a happy face for a bride. Sure, she's smiling, but her eyes tells a different story. She looks extremely apprehensive about this. Her smile immediately dropped once she knew her face was away from the crowd to see.

I squeezed her hands just as the priest started the ceremony.

"Together we are gathered here today.." He started off, but I barely listened. I just paid attention to Melly the entire time, making sure she's totally cool with this. After all, it is also her special day and she deserves to feel happy.

She continued to look back at the crowd through the entire ceremony as if she is planning an escape. She was excessively blinking her eyes and she often squeezed my hand too hard, the way it always does when she's tense about something. She didn't even return a smile when I flashed her one. She is totally second guessing this. I have never seen a bride look as anxious as Melly does at the moment.

"Derek, do you take Melina to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor her, and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and for the forsaking of all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked me.

I smiled at her as I said, "I do."

She looked completely miserable at this point. As if she would burst out crying in front of friends and family, and they're not tears of joy.

"Melina, do you take Derek to be your wedded husband, to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor him, and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking of all others, be faithful only to him for as long as you both live?" The priest asked her.

I heard her whimpered as she looked around the church from the crowd to the priest to me.

"I-I.." Melly started, tears forming in her eyes. Uh oh. "I don't!" The whole church gasped. "I'm sorry, Derek. I can't do this."

With that she took her dress in hand and ran out of the church, leaving me looking

puzzle at those double doors. People started to mummered to themselves about what just happened.

"Um, uh.." I started to say, when my mother suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Derek, what's going on?" She asked.