Chapter 85

Megatron's P.O.V.

I looked out at the night sky, seeing the stars shining brightly from the dark void of night. There were plenty of stars on Cybertron, but you couldn't quite get the same view as this. I suppose I never really took the notice to realize....the many beauties Earth has. The sound of a ground bridge opened behind me, and I slowly turned around. A single figure came through, illuminated by the green light until the bridge closed. 

"I wasn't sure if you would come." I said. 

"While it feels a little strange, it felt like something I needed to do." Optimus replied, walking towards me and standing beside me. We both looked out at the horizon, seeing the bright moonlight shine off the lake, giving off a peaceful aura. 

"Why didn't you want us to speak on your ship? You'd have much more security there, yes?" Optimus asked. I nodded. "I didn't want to give you the wrong impression, or have you feel threatened. I....only want to talk. Nothing else." I replied. Optimus looked at me kinda surprised, but nodded understandably. "And you trusted me to come here yourself?" I asked. "I did. Perhaps it's a mistake, maybe it isn't. But....I you wouldn't have asked me to come out here without an important reason." Optimus replied.

For a moment, we were both silent, left kinda awkward. Standing right beside me was the leader of the Autobots. My enemy. The same bot that tried to kill me multiple times. The same bot....I used to call a brother.

"Are you're injuries severe?" Optimus asked. I shook my head. "No. Knockout advised I be easy with my arm for a week, and I should be better." I replied. I looked down, clearing my throat. "Also....I suppose....I never got to thank you. For saving the Nemesis, as well as myself. Perhaps that's an odd thing to say, but....I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't shown up." I admitted. Optimus gave a small smile and nodded. "Was that what you wished to say?" he asked.

"....no, not exactly." I replied. I took a deep breath, looking out at the horizon. I never imagined I'd find myself saying this to Optimus Prime. I always believed I'd rather die than do what I'm about to do. But....that all changes now.

"The death of Nightstreak had a much bigger impact than I ever expected. On myself, and on my entire crew. Everyone feels guilt, everyone grieves for her. Most even shed tears for her. That femme....I've never met someone like her. She was kind, she was protective, and was very skilled. And somehow, she managed to bring my entire crew together, and we all grew attached to her. Even I grew to admire her compassion and determination, even if it led to her being quite reckless at times."

"Just before her death....I discovered she was an Autobot. One that called herself a Decepticon, so that she may become one of us. However, she had no mischief or cruelty behind her motives. Rather than fight us, as most Autobots would do, she wanted to soften us from the inside. To open our eyes to what we've done, and to make sure we truly kept each other alive. Plus, she wanted to make sure we in turn didn't cause any harm to you or any humans. I'm not proud to say, I've mistreated her quite a bit....and she didn't deserve it at all." I stated. Optimus was silent, listening carefully to every word I said. 

"You believe she shouldn't have suffered such a fate?" he asked.

"....even after getting furious with her, attacking her, and exiling her from being a Decepticon, she came back to save us on the Nemesis. And she paid with her life....she shouldn't have done such a thing for cons who didn't deserve it."

"Feeling this pain, this guilt, it made me realize....just how many others have felt this. How many lives have the Decepticons taken away? How many other Cybertronians have we caused to grieve over loved ones? How many of my brethren have died fighting for my thirst for power? When I began this revolution, I only wanted freedom. I only wanted what was best for our kind. Instead....I only brought down it's downfall. And because of me....we lost our very home."