Chapter 12

Starscream's P.O.V.

I growled at the Vehicon troops before me, who could only wince in reaction to my anger.

"Why has the electromagnetic shielding not been repaired?!" I snapped. One Vehicon stepped up.

"The crews are working as quickly as they can Lord-" I cut him off by smacking him across the face, however he did not respond. He was smart not to.

"We are leaking a trail! All the Autobots need do to pinpoint our position is to access the correct frequency wavelength. Accelerate your efforts!" I demanded. 

"Yes Lord Starscream." The Vehicon trooper muttered. He and the others followed him out of the room. However Nightstreak stopped them at the door, whispered something to them, and they left. Then she approached me.

"That was a bit harsh what you did to that Vehicon, was it not?" she asked. I glared at her, narrowing my optics. "I am the leader, I shall as I please." I stated. She only nodded in response. The sound of the other door opening caught my attention, and I saw Knockout coming this way.

"Doctor in the house." he announced. I smiled at him.

"Ah, Knockout." I looked back at Nightstreak.

"Nightstreak, if you would be so kind as to observe the Vehicons. I do not trust them with their poor knowledge while they repair the shield." I said. Nightstreak tilted her head, staring for a moment before she nodded.

"As you wish, Lord Starscream." she replied. Without another word she left the room, but I waited a moment to make sure she is out of hearing range before turning to Knockout.

"And how is the patient today?" 

"Same old?" Knockout replied while placing a hand on his hip. I turned away from him for a moment, hands behind my back.

"An inglorious fate, that he should remain in this...vegetative state." I said.

"On the contrary, Megatron's body may be scrap metal, but his mind is still percolating." Knockout said. I whirled around to face him, quickly stepping forward.

"Keep that to yourself!" I hissed, the looked around. "That blasted Soundwave see's and hears everything." I muttered. Knockout only smirked.

"The eyes and ears of the Decepticons." Knockout said. I sighed.

"Well as long as their master remains in limbo, so does their cause," I said, feeling a smirk tug on my lips, "The Decepticons deserve a strong, alert leader."

"One who would require a loyal second-in-command." Knockout stated, making it clear he wanted in. I chuckled.

"A candidate would need to earn that post, by making a strong case to said eyes and ears." I replied.

"A case for showing mercy, Lord Starscream?" he said. I felt my smirk somehow get wider, and I felt eagerness rise within me.

"You scratch my back, I scratch yours." I replied. 

"One thing could ruin this however. I'm not sure you have noticed, but it's clear that Nightstreak is very....loyal to Megatron." Knockout said. "I am no fool Knockout. Why do you think I sent her out of the room?" I replied.

"Clever. But Soundwave will not be so easily swayed, as he is just if not more loyal to Megatron." Knockout said, placing a claw on his chin.

"Perhaps we can use that to our advantage." I replied.

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I remained silent as I listened to Starscream and Knockout's conversation. I knew something wasn't right. This is bad. They plan to 'show mercy' to Megatron. I can't let that happen! I would never forgive myself! Scrap I should've seen something like this happen! However, maybe if I play this right....