Chapter 18

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I looked over at our master as he looked at Soundwave curiously, who was showing something on his screen.

"I recognize this magnetic signature Soundwave. And it would be unfortunate to have a Decepticon invention such as used against us." Megatron said.  Breakdown, who stepped forward.

"I will secure the weapon Lord Megatron." he replied, not once hesitating. Megatron turned to face the wrecker.

"Breakdown? Hmph," he said, starting to approach him, "If you could be bested by mere humans, what chance do you have against the Autobots?!" he stated coldly. The leader started to walk away, but Breakdown followed him.

"Allow me to redeem myself Master. What I have lost is a constant reminder that I must never again fail you." Breakdown stated with determination clear in his tone. Megatron seemed to have ignored him however, and kept walking. Breakdown looked away, clenching his fists. I took a step forward.

"If I may Master, if Breakdown wishes to redeem himself, I believe he should be given a chance to please you. Do you not agree?" I asked. Megatron stopped, looking back at me. Breakdown looked at me surprised. No one responded, so I decided to continued. "Does he not deserve a chance to prove his worth to you?" Megatron looked at Breakdown for a moment, seeming to be thinking over the thought. Then he fully turned around.

"Very well then. Breakdown, I will allow you to prove what use you truly are to me. I highly advise you do not return empty handed." he stated. Breakdown lowered his head, the closest thing he could do to a bow.

"Thank you, my liege. I won't fail you again." he said. Megatron walked off, with Soundwave following him silently. Breakdown began to leave the room, and I trotted after him. 

"Shall I accompany you?" I asked.

"No, this is my test only. I can handle it." Breakdown stated. I nodded. However, he stopped walking suddenly. I did the same, tilting my head. "Breakdown?"

".....I...never said thanks for the rescue earlier. So....thanks." he said. With that said, he began to walk away, seeming ready to start his mission. If I could smile, I would. I'm glad Breakdown is back, safe and sound. However, I can't help but worry about him. He needs to be more careful. Such a reckless mech. I heard clicking behind me and whirled around to see Bloodsurge flying towards me. He rubbed against my face affectionately, making me giggle.

"Hey buddy. Glad to see you. In fact, you think you can do me a favor?" I asked. Bloodsurge landed and looked at me curiously with his little red optics.

"Breakdown is gonna go on a mission alone. I was hoping......if you could follow him. Just, looked after him, make sure he's safe. Don't show yourself unless you have to, okay?" I said. Bloodsurge nodded, saluting with one wing, then flew down the hall. I nodded in satisfaction, then decided to turn to another matter. Where is Starscream?

Starscream's P.O.V.

I sighed as I wandered around, making sure everything was in tip top shape. No Decepticon was gonna slack on my watch. Okay, perhaps that is a lie....I'm just bored as frag. Eventually I found myself wandering to the med bay. 

"Knockout, I hope you are continuing with your work." I stated. Knockout seemed occupied however, as he was busy trying to buffer a place on his back he couldn't reach.

"Yeah yeah...." he muttered. I growled.

"You had best not slack off from your duties Knockout. You wouldn't want Megatron to be bothered about your lazy-"

"Don't start yapping at me just because your bored." Knockout huffed. I looked at him dumbfounded with a slightly gaped open mouth, then looked away. I crossed my arms and huffed my chest, trying to make myself more dominant.