Chapter 45

Soundwave's P.O.V.

As soon as Dreadwing left the command bridge, Lord Megatron turned to me. "Soundwave, I am entrusting you to retrieve the relic from the third set of coordinates." he stated. I gave a firm nod.

"If possible, I wish for you to depart immediately." Megatron stated. I gave another silent nod from my lord before turning to the door, leaving the room. I walked down the hall silently, my footsteps barely making a sound. Lord Megatron has entrusted me to retrieve one of the relics. I shall not fail him! 

"Soundwave." I looked up ahead, seeing Nightstreak coming this way towards me.

"Are you going for the next set of coordinates?" she asked. I gave a small nod. She looked past me, seeming to be looking for something. "Where are the Vehicons? Or is an Insecticon going to accompany you?" she asked. I did not respond, only gave a small shake of my head.

"Wait, you are not going alone are you?" she asked. I gave a small nod. 

"Oh, I see....." she said, her wings drooping. She appeared to be concerned. I stared at her a little longer, feeling slightly curious. I have never encountered a Decepticon like her. She is different from the others, that much is sure. She shares deep respect and loyalty towards Megatron, and I know I can happy about that much. 

"Soundwave, please be careful. Okay?" Nightstreak said. I tilted my head, looking at her in surprise. 

"Just promise me that, okay? Please?" she asked. I did not understand why she was so worried. We've never spoken to each other, in fact she rarely speaks to me. Well, perhaps that is an understatement. In the mornings she always greets me, and says goodbye at night, and is always sure to see how I am in between. But still, we are not nearly as close as she is with the others.

"Promise me." Nightstreak suddenly said. I stared at her for a moment before nodding my head. She gave a nod of satisfaction.

"Thank you. Good luck!" she called as she walked down the hall past me. I watched as she walked away, then turned to leave. I have a mission to complete. I won't fail Lord Megatron.

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I entered the command bridge, seeing Megatron speaking with one of the Vehicons. However when he spotted me he shooed the Vehicon away and turned to face me.

"Nightstreak. Is something the matter?" he asked.

"No, it is nothing serious, Master. It's just....I noticed you sent Soundwave on his mission. Alone." I said. 

"I did not give Soundwave any command to do the task alone. If he is doing his mission in solitary, that is of his own free will." Megatron stated. "Oh, I see. But still....should he really go alone? Shouldn't he have at least one other person go with him?" I asked.

"If he believes he can accomplish the task on his own, then he can do so. I have learned to trust in Soundwave's judgement above anyone else I know." Megatron stated. I nodded.

".....not even I can accompany him?" That made Megatron's optics narrow, and I can tell what my answer was going to be.

"You and I both know why you are not going on any missions for the time being, Nightstreak. I understand that you worry for our allies, however your continued pestering is beginning to annoy me. I don't want to hear another word about it." Megatron stated. I gave a small nod.

"Yes, Lord Megatron....." I said sadly. 

Soundwave's P.O.V.

I flew through the blue sky, heading toward the coordinates location. Below me was a forest scenery, the trees basking in the sunlight. Nightstreak has spoken of Earth's beauties many times. I can't say I disagree with her. However a signal on my radar picked up something....