Chapter 3

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I could only stare silently in awe as Starscream started to showed our master our greatest energon mine....Megatron. I have only heard many rumors and stories of him, none of them good unfortunately. That doesn't make him any less powerful, or any less awesome looking in person. I've been lucky to not have had to fight him on Cybertron during the war. And now....I am serving him. 

"As you can see my liege, out of all the energon mines we have maintained, this one has been our most.....progressive. With only the finest of energon. Allow me to show you," Stascream explained, then searched our large mine, fixing his optics on one of the Vehicons, "You there! Fetch us a sample!" 

"Starscream," Starscream flinched as Megatron spoke his name, "Now that I have returned, I shall issue the commands." Starscream gave a nervous chuckle, nodding.

"A-As you wish, Master." Suddenly Megatron turned his head to me, sending a shiver down my spine. His gaze was unnerving, whether he was angry or not. Like he could read your mind, look right into your very spark.

"Tell me Starscream, of your little recruit here. I certainly do not recognize her, nor do I recall you ever mentioning her." he replied. I wasn't sure to expect that as a good thing, or a bad thing. Starscream seemed bothered to explain me, considering the sneer he sent me, but then threw a friendly smile at his master.

"Ah yes, forgive me for not introducing her, my liege. She was found through....special, conditions. She is merely another soldier and nothing more." he stated, obviously trying to get through my introduction quickly. 

"My liege, with your permission, I would like to introduce myself." I replied. Megatron raised a brow, curiosity spreading onto his face.

"Very well, you may proceed." I nodded, pleased he seemed interested, even if it was just a little bit.

"I am Nightstreak sir. My only purpose is to serve you, Master." I replied. Megatron looked down at Bloodsurge, who clicked little noises at our master.

"And who might your little friend be?"

"This would be my companion Bloodsurge," the little mini con did a little bow at the mention of his name, "And he too wishes to serve you in any way you deem fit." Starscream watched us from a distance, a sneer spreading onto his face and an evil look sent to us. It was obvious that he was jealous, but then again, I could sense right away that he always was. Whenever I brought up the subject of our Master, he would always wear an evil scowl on his face, and try very quickly to dismiss the subject. 

Starscream cleared his throat, forcing on yet another friendly smile, ready to kiss up to his higher up once again.

"Pardon me Lord Megatron, however, if we may, shall we now open the spacebridge and bring forth your army you no doubt built on Cybertron during your three years of being in deep space?" he asked. Megatron turned to face him, then looked down at the miners below.

"I need time to prepare them, before they may come here. For now, we must test the results of the new material I have gotten from the depths of Cybertron." he explained. I was confused what he meant, but noticed he was holding something in his hand. I peeked by his right, while Starscream peeked by his left, and we both stared in awe.

It seemed to look like energon, a single shard of it. However, there was something far different from this shard. It glowed a dark purple, and gave off a strange dark purple aura. I stared in shock, instantly recognizing the very dangerous material.

"It can't be....." I said breathlessly. Megatron smirked, tightly gripping the shard.

"Witness, the very blood of Unicron." he stated. Starscream stepped back, his gaze never leaving the shard. It seemed to be a mixture of awe and fear.