Chapter 29

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I calmly walked down the hall, passing between two Vehicon troopers. I was doing everything in my power to remain relaxed and unsuspicious. I didn't think it would be that difficult. I kinda wish Starscream was here to show me how to remain cool, he's better at hiding secrets like this than me. Then again, I guess I do have my own secrets, so why is this so difficult?

I had approached at the door of the command bridge, where Megatron is no doubt watching over his progress of the Vehicons mining the dark energon. I hesitated to go inside, taking a step back. Bloodsurge clicked a few noises at me, causing me to look down at him.

"Do I look suspicious?" I asked, making him shake his head. I took a deep breath in and out.

"Okay then. Here goes." I said, entering the command bridge. Only Megatron remained in the room, aside from a few Vehicon troopers that were working at some of the computers. Megatron turned his head over to look at me.

"Nightstreak. Did you receive the clean bill?" he asked. I nodded.

"Indeed, my liege. I am ready to resume serving you once again. And, I again apologize for my actions earlier..." I replied.

"Do not mind it. We must focus onto the future, for with the power of dark energon at our grasp, greatness is inevitable!" Megatron stated. I stood by the window beside him, watching the miners below. Okay, maybe I can do this. I wonder though, can't Lord Megatron sense the dark energon within me? Megatron furrowed his brows slightly, as if something puzzled him.

"My liege? Something the matter?" I asked. Megatron shook his head, and put on a smile. Suddenly Airachnid appeared from the doorway, approaching us.

"Lord Megatron, our cargo hold is nearly filled with the dark substance. I recommend a retreat, the troops are growing weak from its effects." she explained.

"And yet I grow stronger." Megatron murmured. He turned to the spider like femme.

"Airachnid, you're in my command until I return." Megatron stated, starting to walk away. Airachnid nodded.

"Your return from where Master?" she asked.

"From my audience with Unicron." Megatron stated. He walked out of the room, and Airachnid scoffed. "Unicron, sounds ludicrous to me." she stated. I perked up, remembering something. Megatron's words rung in my mind earlier, something about him being able to hear Unicron. It didn't quite sound like communication, however there was certainly a presence. 

"Um, I'm gonna check on the miners. If they are weak like you claim, perhaps they will need assistance. With your permission of course." I said. Airachnid nodded.

"Very well. Just watch yourself, you already got effected by the dark energon earlier." she replied.

"Oh you have no idea." I thought as I walked out of the room. 

Le time skip

It was really difficult, but I managed to fly after Megatron, making sure my thrusters were as silent as they could be. Luckily, it was dark out with the exception of the dark energon making the volcano glow, so i was able to hide within the shadows. I followed Megatron to the otherside of the volcano, where he landed by an open crack that rose steam. I landed myself, quickly sneaking past a rock to watch from a distance. He approached the crack before him and started to speak.

"I feel your presence. Share your very spark! I call on you as my Lord and Master Almighty Unicron!" Megatron called. Suddenly thunder cracked in the clouds, and the steam turned into a darker shade of purple. The next thing I knew I saw a mouth and a pair of eyes, sending a shiver down my spine.