Chapter 61

Starscream's P.O.V.

I slowly approached my master as the flames continued to scorch what remained of the Autobot base. I couldn't help but smirk. The Autobots are finally destroyed, and are out of our way once and for all! Now we Decepticons can do what we please with this or any planet. I looked back, making sure the Vehicons were continuing to drag the barely conscious Wheeljack. He seemed to try to rescue his Autobot allies, but yours truly was the one to shoot his ship down.

"Leave no stone unturned!" Megatron stated as Insecticons moved large chunks of the rubble to uncover any relics they might discover. I cleared my throat and took a step closer to him.

"Master, look who we found," I said, catching our leader's attention, "Pulled from the wreckage of his ship, Wheeljack." I said, stepping aside to allow our master only the best view of the groaning prisoner.

"So, one survived. Take our...guest back to the citedal for questioning. Back to Darkmount." Megatron replied. The Vehicons nodded and started to drag him towards Darkmount. Megatron looked to the fortress, a mixed look of eagerness and satisfaction in his optics. Deciding to play a little bit of suck up, I turned to face him with my own smile.

"This is the dawning of a new age, my liege. The reign of Megatron!" I stated. This appeared to be the correct use of speech, judging by his next words. "You certainly have a way with words, Starscream." he said. I looked back to see him looking over his other underlings.

"Make haste. And unearth the Autobot corpses."

Le time skip

I stood by Megatron, watching in the same surprise as he was when the only thing the Vehicons brought to us was the Forge of Solos Prime. While that itself is indeed a valuable find, it is not the bodies of the Autobots Megatron was hoping for.

"The Forge of Solos Prime. How is it that you have managed to materialize that, yet not the remains of a single Autobot?!" he snapped. I took a step forward, narrowing my optics.

"Answer your Lord and Master! Where are their bodies?!" I snapped. 

"There haven't been any bodies as of yet, Lord Megatron. However we shall continue to search the rubble." one Vehicon said. Megatron looked away, taking a moment to think before looking back.

"....no. It is no use. If they haven't been found by now, then I believe it is logical to assume they have escaped." he said, walking away. I started to walk beside him, heading back towards Darkmount.

"The Autobots clearly ground bridged from their base before it was destroyed. They could be anywhere....." he muttered. 

"We must initiate global surveillance, my lord. Send search and destroy teams to every sector of this planet." I stated. "Soundwave, monitor all Earth based transmissions for any sign of Autobot communication; with each other or their human counter parts." Megatron stated. He stopped for a moment, taking a second to glance around, as if looking. I raised a brow.

"Does something bother you, my liege?" I asked. 

"No, merely....puzzled," he looked back at me, "I have not seen Nightstreak since we raided the base. I had figured she would remain at your side like she use to, considering how long your 'departure' was." he replied. I blinked, slowly realizing what he meant. Nightstreak usually is right beside me. And now that I have returned, I rarely seem to see her myself. 

"Hmph, well that is of little value to me." I stated. Why should I care? The last thing she suggested was for me to apologize to that brute known as Dreadwing after his attempt to terminate me! So why should I bother with worrying? Then again, she didn't exactly seem....happy towards my reaction. Perhaps that is why she is absent.