Chapter 30

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

Airachnid had called us all to the command bridge for some sort of meeting. I stood by Breakdown and Knockout, who stood a bit in the back of the room. Soundwave was at the front computer, seeming to still try to locate Megatron's life signature. Vehicons surrounded the room, while Airachnid herself waited in the center.

"Fellow Decepticons, while our loyalty to Megatron's command has always remained steadfast, our leader's recent behavior has been questionable at best. And it would seem as though Earth has become nothing short of a failed experiment." Airachnid said. I gasped quietly as she showed an image of an Earth fire on one of the large screens. 

"Oh no...." I said quietly. I hope not too many humans are harmed by these events, but something told me that was just wishful thinking.

"Commander Airachnid, you're not suggesting that we abandon Lord Megatron?" Knockout said, hesitation in his tone. Airachnid turned to Soundwave, who didn't seem to even notice the meeting that was taking place.

"Despite Soundwave's efforts we have been unable to detect our master's signal. Megatron is either permanently offline or in the thrall of Unicron." Airachnid explained. However I did not like that she didn't seemed the slightest bit phased with the situation. She shows no concern for our master at all. Normally I would be worried (actually I still am a bit) but I know Megatron's location due to the blood of Unicron running through my veins. But that is no excuse to abandon him!

"So then what do you propose?" I asked. 

"Well, neither of the mentioned scenarios are of the best interest of the Decepticons.....so I am deeming an exodus to be the prudent course of action. Unless anyone else has a problem with that." Airachnid replied, as if daring someone to argue with her. I gasped, taking a step back. Exodus?! Does she really believe that to be the best?! I looked around, seeing that most of the Vehicons kept their gazes away from the spider like femme. Even Breakdown and Knockout were quiet.

"I object strongly!" I stated, stepping up past Knockout and Breakdown. Airachnid sighed a bit, as if she expected this to happen.

"Very well, tell me Nightstreak, why do you object?" she asked impatiently. 

"It should be obvious to any Decepticon! Megatron is our leader, no matter what! His death has not been confirmed as of yet, so we cannot just assume the worse! I will not abandon him, for he is my one and only master." I stated. 

"You will follow his lead, despite the risky decisions he has made and the nonsense that spat from his mouth!" Airachnid said sternly.

"Do not judge what you do not understand!" I snapped. I walked up to her until we were only a few feet apart. "Do you have dark energon flowing through your veins?! Can you feel the same things as our master can?! Can you read his thoughts?! Everything he does is for a reason! He is not mad, and he is not a fool!" I stated.

"So what are you trying to say?!" Airachnid snapped. I sighed.

"I'm saying we should trust him." I said calmly. Airachnid looked at me surprised. Everyone looked at me in awe, even Soundwave glanced over his shoulder.

"I'm willing to trust Megatron with all my spark. As long as we remain loyal to him and do as he says, everything will work out in the end!" I turned back to the audience of Vehicons.

"Do none of you feel the same? Anyone?" I asked. For a moment there silence, and no gestures of agreement were shown. I looked at Breakdown and Knockout.

"Breakdown? Knockout?" I asked. Both of them looked away without a single word. My wings drooped, and I looked down on the ground. However, quiet footsteps were heard behind me, and a hand was placed on my shoulder. I whirled around to see Soundwave looking down upon me. I perked up, tilting my head.