Chapter 35

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I looked curiously at Knockout from the back of the room, staring at the relic he was currently presenting to Lord Megatron, who looked very pleased.

"Ah, excellent work Knockout." Megatron said. Knockout did a small bow.

"I live to serve Lord Megatron, " he said before looking at it with a puzzled expression, "but what exactly is it?" 

"Indeed, I don't recall every hearing of a relic such as this." I replied. Megatron smirked before suddenly holding his blaster up and shooting a blast at Knockout. Said mech looked at him with wide optics before holding the relic up in front of him while the Vehicons nearby him scattered. However a sudden force field came from the strange relic and deflected the blast before disappearing.

"Now you know." Megatron replied. I panted hard as I watched, still trying to calm down. Knockout himself put on a nervous smile.

"I think I leaked a little transmission fluid...." he muttered. 

Starscream's P.O.V.

I watched as the humans scouted ahead in the small canyon we were at with the thick mist hanging low. A few of the foot soldiers scouted ahead as I slowly walked behind them.

"Yes, gratifying isn't it Silas?" I said, which I later learned was the name of the leader, "I often advised Megatron to seek out human allies, after all it seems to provide the Autobots with an occasional edge." 

"But despite his reputation as a brilliant strategist, Megatron is woe-fully small minded when it comes to working with minds smaller than our own." I said, measuring Silas's head with my fingers. He turned around, giving me an annoyed look. I put on a nervous smile.

"I was simply referring to head size." I said. 

"Do you ever not speak?" Silas said coldly, walking ahead of me. I looked to the human foot soldier behind me, putting on a cocky smile.

"Did I mention that I personally extinguished an Autobot?" I asked, however the human simply scouted ahead of me. Rude creatures aren't they? I rolled my optics as I followed them, only for my optics to widen in awe as I saw the huge deposit of energon glow brightly, making me smile.

"Energon in its purest state."

"Ready to be mined." Silas said.

"And processed, fleshed covered compatriot....to give us the edge."

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I growled as I typed away at the computer, feeling more than annoyed. Megatron did not want me to go on the next relic hunt either, which was somewhere in the mountains. And now Knockout and Breakdown might bring back another dangerous relic they could use against the Autobots. What can I do? I need to do something.

Bloodsurge clicked at me, tilting his head the side. I sighed.

"No, I don't know when they're getting back...." I replied. I looked down at him.

"We need to do something right? Maybe try and retrieve the relic before Knockout and Breakdown do. That way we can deliver it to the Autobots....somehow." I said. Of course we don't even know where their base is located. So how then....one problem at a time. I looked down at the bat minicon.

"Do you think you could keep an eye on Megatron while I am away? Distract him. He can't know of my absence. He needs to believe I am still trying to decrypt the codes here." I replied. That's right, I was now assigned the same job as Orion Pax, because Megatron had learned of my skills at a computer. While they aren't as skilled as Soundwave, he wanted to get to work right away, wanting to not waste any time. Bloodsurge nodded, giving me a little salute with his wings. I smiled and nodded.