Chapter 70

Knockout's P.O.V.

I slowly went to approach my liege who was on the landing deck of the ship. He was with Predaking, stroking the side of its neck. The look in his optics looked....conflicted. I was about to give him the new information I had acquired, but now I wondered what he was doing up here.

"My liege, what brings you up here?" I asked. Megatron didn't look back at me as he looked at the beast. Predaking in turn looked down at Megatron, almost innocently. "....the Predacon has not been as useful as I had hoped. It went on a mission earlier today, and not only did it fail to attack the Autobots, but it also didn't bring back the Predacon fossil." Megatron explained.

"That is rather odd. Didn't Starscream think the beast actually stole the fossil?" I asked. "Indeed, but that does not seem possible. In any case, was there a reason you sought me out?" Megatron asked, finally turning to face me.

"Ah yes, we've located another of Shockwave's Predacon energy signatures. Weak, but steady." I replied. 

"Excellent. Knockout, do not return empty handed." He said, looking to me. I smirked. "Mwah, don't know the meaning of the word." I replied. "Isn't 'empty handed' two words?" I rolled my optics I looked behind me, seeing Starscream approach us. I narrowed my optics onto him.

"You would know, or did your missing fossil turn up?" I said, making Starscream glare at me. "Why you wheel bound-"

"Starscream," Megatron said sternly, making Starscream be silent, "you have failed me enough for one day. Assume the task of monitoring for Predacon energy signatures, at once!" Starscream looked down in defeat and nodded. "Yes, my liege." he replied, walking away before giving me a slight shove. I smirked and replied.

"I'm sure you'll find the gig as invigorating as I did, Screamer~" I replied. With that said Megatron and I left the Seeker be, entering the ship.

Starscream's P.O.V.

I growled under my breath as the two walked away, then looked to the beast, who stared at them intently. It was a strange look, as if he understood what was happening. However, I only grew angry and snapped at him.

"What are you lurking about for?! Get back in your kennel!" I snapped. I almost kicked his tail, however....I remember what Nightstreak said. About him not being some mindless beast. I'm not sure why I recalled that then and there. I looked to the beast. He glared back at me, optics narrowed, as if he was daring me to kick him. I knew if I did just that, I'd anger him. So.....ugh, I can' believe I'm about to do this.

I cleared my throat and spoke up. ".....Predaking. If you'd be so kind as to return to your kennel, I'd greatly appreciate it. It'd save me a lot of trouble." I replied. Did I think asking nicely was really gonna work? No. But not like anything else I did worked. However, to my surprise....the beast's eyes widened. As if he wasn't expecting that. Then, his expression almost softened, and he slowly walked towards his kennel.

I stood there for a moment, dumbfounded.

"That....that actually worked?"

Breakdown's P.O.V.

Knockout and I drove down the street, heading towards a human town. Apparently there was a Predacon fossil in a museum nearby, so Knockout asked me to join him and we left. It was kinda nice, enjoying the nice cool breeze as we drove.

"So, think this whole Project Predacon thing will actually work?" I asked. "I don't see why it wouldn't. The lone beast we have is very strong. With an army of them, it'll be easy to destroy the Autobots." I stated. "It's kinda weird that it didn't attack the Autobots earlier today on Starscream's mission." I replied.