Chapter 56

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I watched in shock on at the screen as it showed the moment where humans had knocked Starscream unconscious with their electric guns....and had removed his t-cog.

"He can't fly?! How long could he not fly?!" I asked. Knockout shrugged, wearing the same shocked expression. "Beats me, but if I had to guess I'd say that was a long while ago." he replied.

"You no longer possess the ability to take flight?!" Megatron asked, still connected to the cortical psychic patch. "Uh, y-yes. I-I was going to bring that up," Starscream said nervously, "And as you might imagine my predicament pains me to no end." 

Suddenly it showed another flashback, to when he was apparently with his clone armada. "Fortunately, the Harbinger's tracking systems have remained linked with Megatron's warship. Of course, we shall require a means of reaching the-" past Starscream stopped mid sentence as the other clones transformed, to which he whirled around in shock.

"Huh?! You can transform?! Eh- of course you can. How else would you fly to the ship? That was a test in which you all- er passed." he replied. "He obviously didn't know that." Knockout murmured, rolling his optics. 

"I hope that you might see fit to express your gratitude for the Omega Keys by restoring my jet mode. After all would I not be of more valuable to you with wings?" Starscream replied. Many more flahsbacks were revealed, showing the most epic times Starscream has transformed into his jet mode. The way he transformed was so imaginative and so exciting all at once. I was tempted to transform just watching. I had always admired his vehicle mode and its unique colors.

"So cool..." I murmured. 

"I suppose he has a way of showing off....but not better than me of course." Knockout replied. 

"I do transform with an exceptional sense of style~" Starscream thought aloud. However his broad smile disappeared and a instead turned in a expression of realization. "I said that aloud didn't I?" he asked. Knockout held back a chuckle, shaking him helm a bit. Suddenly another flashback was shown, revealing when Starscream was captured by the Autobots.

"Megatron tried to extinguished my spark in cold blood. Then all but replaced me with traitorous wretch Airachnid, she abandoned me! Left me for scrap! So why not rat them out?" past Starscream stated. 

"No one asked you to lead the Decepticon fold." Megatron stated. 

"I wasn't exactly made to feel welcome at the time," Starscream stated, "Despite the fact I had seen the error of my ways, and dedicated my spark to you." Another flashback was shown, one I remember being present in; when Starscream spoke with Soundwave about who he truly believed he was.

"I have gained a clear understanding of my place in this universe....of who I am. Of who I was always meant to be." he turned to face the silent communications chief.

"Starscream, second in command, humble servant to Lord Megatron." he said. It flashed to another memory, revealing a time when Starscream and Knockout were speaking alone. "Until the next opportunity arises to subvert me." Megatron stated as the memory continued. Knockout's optics widened.

"Wait, isn't this...." my murmured.

"And how is the patient doing today?" past Starscream asked. "Same old." past Knockout replied, lazily placing a hand on his hip. Starscream put on a frown as he glanced away for a moment.

"An inglorious fate that he should remain in this vegetative state." he said, although his disappointment was clearly fake. 

"On the contrary, Megatron's body may be scrap metal, but his mind is still percolating." past Knockout replied. This made past Starscream shoot a glare at the medic.